2016 Uniform Thread

Odd that such a general and neutral comment that I made has made you so defensive.

Yeah, geez... You would think some people have money personally invested. It's just diddle band. The fate of civilization isn't resting on these designs that no one has see on the field yet.

• Like 1

Cesario needs to stop making uniforms. Please.

Preach.

GET IN LINE....The Cavaliers 2016 Uniform Reveal. #cavs2016 #dci2016 #PROPAGANDA #BoldStepsForward

A special THANK YOU to our strategic partner, FJM Fred J. Miller Inc. and Michael J. Cesario for these INCREDIBLE uniforms! Your attention to detail and superior service are truly best in class!

You can see MORE looks of the 2016 program by visiting https://cavaliers.org/news/get-line-cavaliers-reveal-new-looks-2016

Drum Corps International

Newsies!

Ok - that wins post of the week imo - lol

That said - I like the new Cavaliers uniforms a LOT

I know they are out there but darn, very cool and unique. LOVE THEM!

• Like 1

Love, love, love Cavies new uniforms.

Think both the corps and guard uniforms fit the show perfectly.

• Like 2

I'm sorry if any of you disagree with me, but Cesario should just give up at this point. I'm not sure if the corps requested this, but nonetheless, these suck. Should've just used last year's uniform and replace the sash
  • Like 2

I immediately thought Newsies as well, and now that I come to think of it, Newsies would make a KILLER show! LOVE these new uniforms. Gonna miss the old "traditional" uniforms, but these definitely stand out!

I was ambivalent on first glance, but on review, the design captures the most important elements of the old look (the silhouette) while softening some angles that seemed a little dated, and the sleeves, hats, and gauntlets, obviously, will be different for every year's show. If they were looking for something that was distinctive while being flexible, this seems to be in the ballpark.

The use of black/white with a few touches of red in the guard uni (and nearly no green in the corps proper) looks like a tip off to a show palette that hasn't been used by Rosemont before, since the sea of kelly green made it hard to introduce certain other dominant colors. Interested to see what they do with this change.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1