New BD CEO

As far as it was explained to me Justin is in command of the whole thing and Dave is sticking around just to help him learn the ropes. Could take anywhere from a few months to a few years. Either way Justin is best around. Anybody that has worked with him knows that. I'm really happy for him, one of my biggest inspirations when we marched together and still to this day. He's one of a kind.

Edited by Big Adam
  • Like 3

Sorry to see Justin leave YEA organization where he was called Rudy after the movie of that name and the kid who kept on trying to make the Fighting Irish football team.the way Justin eventually made the Cadets low brass line as a MM and later as a top notch visual tech for Cadets and other corps.

Justin is the unsung hero of making the egos of the TOC corps work together for a series of top notch shows; he was the acting/assistant director of The Cadets during some pivotal times, and he was the key to the transition of USSBA to USBands which grew tremendously in number during his tenure. Some imagined him in the top chair in the future.

But he also left Cadets for awhile to work with the Boston Crusaders' admin. organization among others for a season or two before he agreed to come back to Allentown.

His personality is mellow and welcoming, his work ethic strong and productive, but his vision sometimes did not cookie cutter in mirroring the powers to be. He will not be easy to replace.

I wish him all the best.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Congrats to Justin and BD. Many of us were hoping GH would appoint Justin Director of Cadets which would have helped move them to the next level by infusing them with new fresh blood, ideas and innovation. BD once again on another level thinking ahead. Congrats..
  • Like 1

Congrats to Justin and BD. Many of us were hoping GH would appoint Justin Director of Cadets which would have helped move them to the next level by infusing them with new fresh blood, ideas and innovation. BD once again on another level thinking ahead. Congrats..

What he said. I've said for years that the ONLY person I could ever see being able to handle The Cadets would be him. Now BD gets him instead...congrats to them.

let's not presume to know how this works out... proof, as always, is in the pudding...

• Like 1

What John, Jeff, and the others have said.

Justin is top shelf, all the way. This is a good day for the BD organization.

you know what I find most interesting about this? That with all the criticism Hopkins tends to get, he still continues to successfully IDENTIFY, DEVELOP and EXPORT talent. That's one of the true signs of leadership. Exporting talent... so important in the business world as well as the NPO realm... Growing people. Just my own observation as an executive in the private sector.

• Like 2