Drum Corps shows that have to do with Psychology

Bluecoats 2012 - Unmasqued.

The psychology of presenting your mask - not who you really are. By the end of the show, coming to terms with their inner psychology, all of the performers are "Unmasqued", thus revealing their true self.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

Alter Ego CG, out of NJ then, did a show on suicide/weird frames of thinking. It was so powerful that some school districts preferred that they not be entered in contests in their schools which hosted MAC, MAIN, and other greater NYC winter circuits. I know the show was between 2007 and 2010 if that is helpful. It was quite dramatic, emotional, and powerful. While later they have been a WGI finalist, I don't remember back then. Check with Guardling or such.

Maybe the OP could do an analysis of Freud's "Id, Ego and Superego" theory in context with posting on an online forum using DCP as an exam tople?

Anything that brings more participants and viewers to DCP can only be interpreted as a good thing, imo. So bringing in non music college classes... such as students from college psychology classes..... sounds ok to me if it'll bring more DCP traffic here. But my guess, this thread topic is about to..... pardon the bad pun...... " shrink " to its own peculiar id of existential non existence pretty soon

• 5 years later...
On 1/21/2016 at 6:00 AM, drumcorpsfever said:

Bluecoats 2012 - Unmasqued.

The psychology of presenting your mask - not who you really are. By the end of the show, coming to terms with their inner psychology, all of the performers are "Unmasqued", thus revealing their true self.

Great speech! I also believe that sooner or later the truth will be revealed and everyone will show their true colors. Therefore, I like to study psychology, it allows me to better understand people at the initial stage of acquaintance. I enjoy using various methods of working with the subconscious mind, including text therapy. Click here to find more information on this. It was a pleasant discovery for me, and now I use this method as well.

Edited by Dennis_Siciliano

2018 Bluecoats, Session 44, dealt with a performer’s journey from self doubt, anxiety and stage fright to coming alive on stage and triumphing.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer