Scores dropping like a brick

Hey, everyone,

I'm hoping that this rookie DCPI director can get some help. I am not sure I understand how the corps' caption scores are being arrived at. I know we are in a non-live season right now, and we've all selected different corps' for each caption, but where are those scores coming from? Say I'm using 2015 Colts for my Music Ensemble caption. Are the scores my corps receives during the season in that caption coming from the score the Colts received during a show at a similar spot during the 2015 season (for example, the score from the Colts' 3rd show of the season being used for my corps' 3rd show)? I am concerned that in the last week, my corps' scores have dropped about 9 points, and I am not sure how to stop the bleeding. I am hoping to get a better understanding on how the scores are being generated so that I can make better decisions on what to do...right now all I can do is just make random changes to the captions and hope I hit the magic combination.

Thanks,

Hornplayer9599

That's exactly what's happening. Nothing to panic about- scores tend to be very wonky for the first couple weeks of off-seasons. Usually it's the judges trying to get a solid feel for corps and seeing multiple different groups throughout the week.

Say I'm using 2015 Colts for my Music Ensemble caption. Are the scores my corps receives during the season in that caption coming from the score the Colts received during a show at a similar spot during the 2015 season (for example, the score from the Colts' 3rd show of the season being used for my corps' 3rd show)?

• Like 1