Oregon Crusaders 2016 "Hunted"

Congratulations to OC Indoor on finishing 10th at WGI this weekend in Independent World! They're improving hugely since their inception, highest finish I'm pretty sure.

One of my favorite things about the corps is their downright aggressive and nail biting drumline, they've really delivered since their move up to World Class and I hope that continues. Pretty cool they have the guard and drums going over the winter, can't hurt. Really looking forward to their show in 2016! Have enjoyed every one of their shows since 2009 pretty highly. Looking forward to seeing what their upcoming announcement in 3 days is regarding their show, from the cryptic post on instagram.

• Like 1

Oregon Crusaders marching on System Blue brass instruments this year!! This is interesting...

https://oregoncrusaders.org/system-blue

Two aspects I find interesting.

Brad Kerr Green is a an alum of and former DM for the Cadets and marched there just about the same years as the new CEO of BD, Justin Heimbecker, a Cadet brass player alum, visual tech, and Asst. Director.

Mike Quillan's statement is more interesting. "We are thrilled to be the first DCI corps to play on the new System Blue brass instruments in 2016."

Doesn't BD play System Blue?

Edited by xandandl

Doesn't BD play System Blue?

It's my understanding that due to previous contracts, BD will not be using the instruments exclusively in 2016. It's possible they'll use them, but unofficially until their other contract is up, which I believe is post-2016.

Edited by tesmusic

• 2 weeks later...

Can they continue getting strong enough talent to make a move closer to a World Class Finals spot? Always excited to see what OC has to offer!!!

OC jumped up a couple spots last year. It's pretty difficult to move up two years in a row. However, recruiting has been super solid this year--way ahead of last year. The staff is stable, with a couple good additions. This should be a positive year, regardless of placement.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Judging by the snippets I've heard, It appears to me that OC is taking on more of a persona this year - i.e. fielding an even more theatrical show under the creative leadership of a bolstered design staff. I look forward to OC growing their brand in 2016.

• Like 3

Judging by the snippets I've heard, It appears to me that OC is taking on more of a persona this year - i.e. fielding an even more theatrical show under the creative leadership of a bolstered design staff. I look forward to OC growing their brand in 2016.

I cannot wait to see the show. They have one of my favorite selections of source music this year, and the theme seems right up their alley. I always look forward to OC! Take out SCVC and they had their strongest world class finish last year! Seems like the organization as a whole is doing really well too.

• Like 1

It looks like they aren't scheduled to travel to Northern California this year - which is weird, because Portland isn't too far from NoCal.

Have they ever competed in the California shows?

Maybe they should ........

they've been to NorCal when they were D 2/3.