Oregon Crusaders 2016 "Hunted"

Bump.

Man, saw a run through yesterday on their VIP page.

Not even remotely the same corps I saw in Broken Arrow. Have all the holes filled back in, have made some adjustments, didn't end in a weird spot again, and have been cleaning like crazy. No wonder their scores are jumping so much.

Have kinda flipped between loving this show and not, back to loving it again.

Edited by DrumManTx

Thanks Drum Man for posting here. I can't sustain this thread alone! But since you posted...

This show took a DCP beating on the San Antonio thread. It was hard to read. My take is that the GE is just not coming across on video. I think live is the only way to see it and appreciate it.

That being said, I have to give a big shout out to this corps for battling through sickness and making a 6.3 jump their last show - right into 15th place. No other corps jumped that much that night and I haven't looked it up but I bet that is one of the top show to show score bumps of the year.

For this corps to be in the top 15 would be HUGE progress and I really hope that some how, some way, they can make that happen. I think no matter what, they are a lock for 16th, with little chance of BDB or VC sneaking in there.

Edited by luv4corps

It's definitely polarizing, feel like some people can't get past the uniforms.

I think musically it's one of my favorite constructed shows of last years non finalists. Some really great writing, and the book is very organic. Brass is really starting to cook and of course the percussion is solid. Visual is still the weak link, just gotta clean, especially with those uniforms. You can see just about everything. Think the new ending, or the return of the full one is great.

It's definitely polarizing, feel like some people can't get past the uniforms.

I think musically it's one of my favorite constructed shows of last years non finalists. Some really great writing, and the book is very organic. Brass is really starting to cook and of course the percussion is solid. Visual is still the weak link, just gotta clean, especially with those uniforms. You can see just about everything. Think the new ending, or the return of the full one is great.

Yeah the visual scores are dragging BUT there is hope for improvement there. The bones of the show give them room. Get out the soapy suds OC. Clean clean clean!

And yes, the Bjork is sublime, along with the other most tasteful source music choices.

Edited by luv4corps

OC beat Colts and Boston tonight in GE. YES! 2nd in GE!!!! OC! And head to head against Colts - less than one point behind. Way to go OC! 15th NOT out of the question.

Edited by luv4corps

Love seeing this corps do well. It looks like 10-15 is really going to be shaken up this year!

• Like 1

Great run by the corps tonight.

They are really selling this show.

Marching is much improved since Minneapolis.

LOVE the new ending. And props to the Plates. They were in beast mode out there for those last 15-20 seconds.

Keep fighting the good fight. The numbers might not have lined up the way a lot of us wanted tonight, but lots more work to be done in the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1