Oregon Crusaders 2016 "Hunted"

Congratulations to OC Indoor on finishing 10th at WGI this weekend in Independent World! They're improving hugely since their inception, highest finish I'm pretty sure.

One of my favorite things about the corps is their downright aggressive and nail biting drumline, they've really delivered since their move up to World Class and I hope that continues. Pretty cool they have the guard and drums going over the winter, can't hurt. Really looking forward to their show in 2016! Have enjoyed every one of their shows since 2009 pretty highly. Looking forward to seeing what their upcoming announcement in 3 days is regarding their show, from the cryptic post on instagram.

Two words: Mike Stevens.

Looks like OC is on the electronic viola train.

But.

They did it first back in 2012 in their show "Dreaming in Color" and again in 2014 with "Nevermore".

You can hear a little of Death Hunt in their latest OCVIP ad. Sounding good! Some rippin mellos in there.

They put up a video of the unboxing of their System Blue horns. They do a bit of playing at the end. They sound really solid, with a couple screamers too. Colts, Academy, and Troopers better watch out.

https://www.facebook.com/oregoncrusaders/videos/10156990163275162/

Holy cow I don't know how I missed this video till now. I am struck by the quality of the sound of those instruments for sure - and also the nice balance the hornline is already getting. Never hurts to have some screamers provide a bit of edge. Wow. Great start to what will surely be a great season. Go OC16!

They put up a video of the unboxing of their System Blue horns. They do a bit of playing at the end. They sound really solid, with a couple screamers too. Colts, Academy, and Troopers better watch out.

https://www.facebook.com/oregoncrusaders/videos/10156990163275162/

They sound really great on those! System Blue and Kings have the best quality of sound in my opinion. Kanstul is up there as well.

OCVIP is a great look inside the corps if you have 30$. TONS of great content already this year.

Seen about 3 minutes of the show on there, after last years subdued, lovely show this one seems a lot more in your face. Haven't heard enough to form an opinion yet but the horns sound very solid, drums are great, and the guard seems bigger, more involved, and extremely colorful. Looking forward to seeing this one come together!

• Like 1

OCVIP is a great look inside the corps if you have 30$. TONS of great content already this year.

Seen about 3 minutes of the show on there, after last years subdued, lovely show this one seems a lot more in your face. Haven't heard enough to form an opinion yet but the horns sound very solid, drums are great, and the guard seems bigger, more involved, and extremely colorful. Looking forward to seeing this one come together!

I agree. The hornline already sounds balanced and in your face - with an edgy screamer in there. The new System Blue horns are a step up for sure. I also have hope for the color guard continuing to grow because the corps finally has some consistency with staff - so important. Color guard is absolutely key to OC's growth. Obviously the battery has already been killing it and they will do it again. A face meliting hornline and a wow factor color guard will elevate this corps. Fingers crossed for this year.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1