FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 2015 AUDIO/VISUAL PRODUCTS

After months of negotiations, DCA is disappointed to announce that the 2015 audio and visual products will not be produced. Licensing and releases to allow us to create our audio and visual products have not been approved by several copyright holders and publishers. We apologize for this turn of events, the result of which has been truly out of our control.

We will be processing refunds for 2015 audio/video products that were ordered and paid for within the next 2 weeks. Please be patient with us as we work through this challenging turn of events.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at lois@dcacorps.org

• Like 2

Nooooooooooo

• Like 1

How many corps are we talking about not being cleared on copy rights here ???? lf only 1-2 could you not just leave them off the list .

Copyright laws, licensing, publishers, everyone wants there piece of the pie. It's enough to #### off the Pope! Just chipping away at drum corps piece by piece.

• Like 3

How many corps are we talking about not being cleared on copy rights here ???? lf only 1-2 could you not just leave them off the list .

[/quote

It's NOT about the corps getting the rights, It's about recording and video taping those performances for sale to the public.

It's a new day and age in the music business and EVERYBODY is fair game now, DCI, WGI, BOA and even the cheerleading teams and dance teams are getting shut down by the publishers and lawyers for the musicians. This problem is not going away, only going to get worse.

• Like 1

I guess people will need to start actually go to shows again,..............I will say, when I was a kid my dad constantly played DC LPs,................and we listened to songs,.........today, without the video componant, in many cases, there isn't much to listen to,.............

Copyright laws, licensing, publishers, everyone wants there piece of the pie. It's enough to #### off the Pope! Just chipping away at drum corps piece by piece.

I agree. Just another brick in the wall. It's sad $$ get in the way of something so trivial as drum corps DVD's. How much money are we talking about here.

It was the only chance for many of us to have a high quality record of our performance. Oh well, we'll just to depend on our memories and whatever videos pop up on YouTube.

What a load of crap! How many video's will be bought? Will they sell millions? NO ! Intended for the few people who want a memory of their corps or favorite corps to listen and enjoy. I would love to be able to hear all the recordings of my corps BUT they are locked up in DCI's vault somewhere to NEVER be heard again. Doesn't matter that my friends and I busted our butts every summer to play and march and now we are told, "Haha, we have them and you can't!" Stinks!

There will NOT be a Grammy winner from these recordings nor will anyone make millions of dollars. This STINKS!!!!

• Like 1

"Pieces of the Drum Corps Pie":

Welcome to the new normal.

Thank god for Fleetwood, Stetson Richmond, the old PBS broadcasts, and EBay.

Elphaba