FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 2015 AUDIO/VISUAL PRODUCTS

Treasona. This company bought many of the smaller music licensing firms and set their lawyers to squeezing more money out of everyone. It's the reason there's no DCI Fan Network anymore.

Sorry, the company name is Tresòna.

How many corps are we talking about not being cleared on copy rights here? If only one-two, could you not just leave them off the list?

It's NOT about the corps getting the rights, It's about recording and video taping those performances for sale to the public.

Sure, but the question is, for how many shows / portions of shows could DCA not get the mechanical and/or synchronization rights? Could get the rights to 75% of the shows? Or 50% of the shows? And if so, would it have been possible to release a reduced product rather than no product at all?

This stinks big time. And not even a CD is possible? All the concerns we've been hearing about have been with synchronization (=video) rights not mechanical (=audio) rights. DCI was able to issue a CD. What's different for DCA in that regard?

I think treasona is right on the mark

when these money squeezers realize that there actions have killed profit streams it will be too late

unfortunately for me and many others it is all but over

all you folks give it yer all in 2016!

frankiE

Also, what are DCA's plans moving forward? Is DCA going to attempt to go back to the rights holders again at some point in the future to see if positions have changed? Are all the recordings that were made at least going to be preserved with that hope, or are they going to be thrown away? Will DCA even be recording the 2016 championships, or is DCA giving up on that entirely? (If the latter, how strict will they be about enforcing bans on people making their own recordings?)

Also, what are DCA's plans moving forward? Is DCA going to attempt to go back to the rights holders again at some point in the future to see if positions have changed? Are all the recordings that were made at least going to be preserved with that hope, or are they going to be thrown away? Will DCA even be recording the 2016 championships, or is DCA giving up on that entirely? (If the latter, how strict will they be about enforcing bans on people making their own recordings?)

Unless DCA thinks there will be a payoff through DVD sales, why would they go through the expense of recording the show. I know USBands did not record any of their champs this year, for example, as they were not offering them for sale..

Regarding DCA becoming lax about people making their own recordings.

If DCA knows that this is being done and allows it...... might as well kiss DCA goodbye when the lawsuit starts....

Unless DCA thinks there will be a payoff through DVD sales, why would they go through the expense of recording the show. I know USBands did not record any of their champs this year, for example, as they were not offering them for sale..

I would think that they are still going to do the live webcast of prelims and finals, just like last year...that is probably a money-maker for them and would be feasible financially, similar to what DCI did last season and is doing again with DCI Live.

So, I would assume that there would be some kind of audio and video setup for that weekend.

Edited by leed17