SCV 2016

For anyone that saw SCV live last night or has watched any recent rehearsals, what's the early read on the show this year? Do they have the vehicle and skill set to medal this year?! Are there any glaring deficiencies?

This show was made for the mellos, good lord. Brass sounds better, but they had some intonation issues tonight.

I'm generally not a huge fan of SCV's shows, but man, I'm already in love with this one. Music is gorgeous, I'm almost upset that Phantom Regiment isn't taking this on because it really sounds like something that would be in their ballpark.

I still think these guys could medal this year. Good luck SCV!

• Like 2

This show was made for the mellos, good lord. Brass sounds better, but they had some intonation issues tonight.

I'm generally not a huge fan of SCV's shows, but man, I'm already in love with this one. Music is gorgeous, I'm almost upset that Phantom Regiment isn't taking this on because it really sounds like something that would be in their ballpark.

I feel exactly the same way. What I have seen, is some of the most lush, beautiful, and well written stuff I have heard this year. Paired with their uniforms and their guard costuming/equipment? Just a beautiful product on all levels. Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Just watched a Periscope of their entire show last night. Beautiful music! Surprised they didn't credit the Ticheli song as "Sanctuary," because that's what the climax was based on. And there needs to be more people shouting "VANGUARD!" before the impact in "After The Storm!"

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

It would warm my hear to see SCV medal, but as always there is so much competition at the top--Bluecoats, Crown, BD, Cadets if they can turn things around...Looking forward to seeing the show soon someway somehow

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but I was wondering if anyone has somewhat high quality audio or video of SCV 2004 before they added the quiet ending?

I used to use a website called Grooveshark that had lots of DCI music on it (including a really great mid-season recording of SCV 2004), but it was taken down and I've been on the search for this recording ever since.

KPinCAL, If you come back up this next week introduce yourself. I will be working Miss Amana during the day and watching rehearsal in the evenings.

I just saw this- can we meet up tonight at Stanford?

I too agree that this year's SCV show is a Regiment style show, yet SCV too (especially the Without Warning portion). Presenting their 2016 show "Force of Nature"...the Santa Clara Phanguard!! Being a big fan of both corps...I'm pretty happy. :cool:

Edited by scvphan

Slightly off topic but I was wondering if anyone has somewhat high quality audio or video of SCV 2004 before they added the quiet ending?

I used to use a website called Grooveshark that had lots of DCI music on it (including a really great mid-season recording of SCV 2004), but it was taken down and I've been on the search for this recording ever since.

Would love to hear this myself! Really, any audio from 2004 I'd love to hear...