WGI 2016

cjf20

Not 100% sure, i believe that it is a mixture of more then one high school

Yeah, that's a school district in north east San Antonio. Has schools like Claudia Taylor Johnson, Ronald Reagan, James Madison, Winston Churchill, ect. Not sure which schools it is a mixture of.

Saw scores from Monmouth today. Les Eclipses.WTH?!?!

I'm also puzzled by Les Eclipses this year. Early in the year they were fairly clean, but it looks like they didn't improve much up through finals. It's a #### shame because they were easily one of my favorite shows this year.

Started watching last year when I was starting to get burned out on marching band/drum corps. Tried indoor percussion a few times.......I just can't seem to get into it which is weird considering I'm a percussionist. There's something about the guard shows that absolutely enamors me, the amount of emotional content and beautiful movement is just entrancing.

Of what I've seen this year in Scholastic World, find Flanagan incredibly gorgeous, and Tarpon is very impressive as well. Love the whole understand "New York New York" thing throughout.

Glad to see someone similar on here! I did participate in indoor percussion (both as a member and instructor for many years) so I still enjoy it, but there's something about indoor guard that has gotten me completely hooked over the years. I know absolutely nothing about it from a technical perspective, but I know I like watching it (sort of how I can barely boil water but am a total foodie).

After watching a lot of finals week, I'm really impressed with the creativity and talent this year. Many of my favorites didn't even make finals. Les Eclipses, Byrnes HS, Trumbull HS, Jenison HS - all terrific shows that are missing out on finals. Blessed Sac, Shenendehowa, Flanagan and Emanon (underrated, IMO) were also some personal favorite finalists

• Like 1

Wasn't going to post again, but WGI Zone is out and some people haven't had a chance to see shows. I can't control if they get taken down. Of course, I am not the author (just in case there is a legal thing).

Avon, they had a .10 penalty. Great performance, but a few major mistakes. 2nd

Mechanicsburg, I understand they got the fan favorite again. I don't like these melodramatic shows of hair flinging and angst so this might be a case of "I don't identify with that" but they do spin and catch well. 7th

Stoneman Douglas, strong members it looks like but not finals perf. Show probably was on downside comparison to last year's, b/c work looks good. 15th

Mt. Juliet (SA)-19th

Smithfield-Selma-not finals floor view (SA)-2nd

Choctaw (SO)-10th

ATX (IA)-18th

Edited by c.l.

Thanks for the links...Just watched the Avon finals performance. How did they move from 5th at semi's to 2nd at finals with 4-5 major weapon drops ? Did Carmel and Flanagan fall apart ?

I was there for Semi's, loved all of it. I am curious how this happens ?

Thanks for the links...Just watched the Avon finals performance. How did they move from 5th at semi's to 2nd at finals with 4-5 major weapon drops ? Did Carmel and Flanagan fall apart ?

Those others had drops too BUT unless things become a hot mess it's not about a drop or 2..that stopped a long time ago

top 3 for sure set new standards

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

Flanagan in my opinion should have gotten second and Carmel probably would have won if it were'int for that finals run.