Blu-Rays

Gonna start a conspiracy theory just for fun :silly:

Judges commentary stopped in 2008 because Phantom Regiment won. PR won by the margin of .025 (I think thats what it was), partial due to an abnormally low percussion score from the Blue Devils.

There was no wrong doing by the percussion judge...he wrote down a fair number.....and being that as a marching member he spent one year with Phantom Regiment and one year with Blue Devils he had no allegiance to either corps.

By the "powers that be", BD's percussion scores were changed from the original numbers written down by the on field judge. If the percussion judges commentary was available on the dvd, the general public would have been made aware that the judges commentary and "published score" did not match up. Thus confirming that the 2008 championship was stolen from the Blue Devils. The only way to make sure this didn't happen was to not put the judges commentary on the dvd's.......general public did not know that judges commentaries were no longer going to be on the dvd's until after the purchases were already made.

How many times does a number NOT match a commentary.....lol..millions over the years I suspect. Nothing said means a thing until that number is written down and submitted, especially when things are tight to begin with.

a good conspiracy about 2008 though...lol

Edited by GUARDLING

I would doubt the 2008 theory however...

Crown's jump in percussion from Prelims-Semis in 2013 was... a little odd and ever so slightly suspicious.

This was the 1st year DCI streamed finals live. Let's say sales for that event weren't going so well and the powers that be wanted to give the sales a little push by creating interest...

Just sayin...

I would doubt the 2008 theory however...

Crown's jump in percussion from Prelims-Semis in 2013 was... a little odd and ever so slightly suspicious.

This was the 1st year DCI streamed finals live. Let's say sales for that event weren't going so well and the powers that be wanted to give the sales a little push by creating interest...

Just sayin...

Glen Fugett's semis tape from the field is available on the Internet if you're interested. He sounds legitimately impressed.

Glen Fugett's semis tape from the field is available on the Internet if you're interested. He sounds legitimately impressed.

That is one judge who, IMO, is a no-BSer: he writes down exactly what he thinks, and doesn't care if that disrupts the status quo/powers that be. I remember in the late 90's he was a judge who didn't care that BD had a bad night or that Glassmen had a good one: who ever was best is going on top, regardless of reputation or history.

there has been discussion now even by designers being afraid of judges tapes being leaked out because of.......licensing concerns

Oh, FFS :wall: ...

In this case, I think DCI COULD get away with educational purposes (not that DCI would have the inclination to aggressively go for that)

Oh, FFS :wall: ...

In this case, I think DCI COULD get away with educational purposes (not that DCI would have the inclination to aggressively go for that)

no actually. i've talked to a few i know.....the way the big companies troll the web looking for violations, it is a concern

he definitely gives it up for what they were trying. if anything i think they had the show of their lives that night. i know it wasn't that clean when i saw them a week before. he's referencing previous viewings and the night and day difference too

No, actually. I've talked to a few i know . . . the way the big companies troll the web looking for violations, it is a concern.

I work in professional theater, where even after the performance, we have to discourage audience members from taking photos of themselves in front of the stage. That's even if the set designer has said she's OK with it, because the designers' union argues that individual designers cannot give away something that they ought to be negotiating for collectively with the theaters.

So this seems like a reasonable concern, although it needn't preclude including designer commentary on DCI's products, once the sync rights are obtained.

Gonna start a conspiracy theory just for fun :silly:

Judges commentary stopped in 2008 because Phantom Regiment won. PR won by the margin of .025 (I think thats what it was), partial due to an abnormally low percussion score from the Blue Devils.

There was no wrong doing by the percussion judge...he wrote down a fair number.....and being that as a marching member he spent one year with Phantom Regiment and one year with Blue Devils he had no allegiance to either corps.

By the "powers that be", BD's percussion scores were changed from the original numbers written down by the on field judge. If the percussion judges commentary was available on the dvd, the general public would have been made aware that the judges commentary and "published score" did not match up. Thus confirming that the 2008 championship was stolen from the Blue Devils. The only way to make sure this didn't happen was to not put the judges commentary on the dvd's.......general public did not know that judges commentaries were no longer going to be on the dvd's until after the purchases were already made.

Well to be fair Phantom won not because of Bd''s percussion being below par. Phantom won because they gained 1.1 points in "feet" in 3 days.... 1.1 points in a subcaption?.... in 3 days?.... come on.

Not to mention their leg shape, control, and foot timing were atrocious.

But back on topic, I can't wait to order the blue rays!