DVD and Bluray on sale

You'll notice in the store that the show is no longer listed as having a cut.

Wow, wouldn't that be nice if every few days we noticed the other cuts disappear before the April deadline for shipping :) Especially the chunk of Cavies show, or even BD's K-pop section! :)

Wow, wouldn't that be nice if every few days we noticed the other cuts disappear before the April deadline for shipping :) Especially the chunk of Cavies show, or even BD's K-pop section! :)

It certainly would be nice, but a deadline has to be drawn somewhere and DCI has shown great restraint in waiting this long...at the risk of annoying those who didn't want to wait, but doing so in an attempt to give them the very best product possible.

• Like 1

It certainly would be nice, but a deadline has to be drawn somewhere and DCI has shown great restraint in waiting this long...at the risk of annoying those who didn't want to wait, but doing so in an attempt to give them the very best product possible.

Certainly understand that -

I wonder if in 5 to 10 years this all gets sorted out, and Tom Blair can produce a blu-ray titled - "The Complete Shows" and release all the shows that have had edits and cuts over the last 10 years (shows like 2008 Phantom, 2011 Madison, all the other shows that had short snippets of prerecorded audio cut out, etc) :) I'm joking, but serious in a way :)

You'll notice in the store that the show is no longer listed as having a cut.

So, does this mean the initial production is missing some music and future production will now include the missing music, or was it all just a miss print by DCI?

So, does this mean the initial production is missing some music and future production will now include the missing music, or was it all just a miss print by DCI?

It wasn't a misprint, as at the time, DCI was hoping some of the required releases from license holders would come through...and some did..,in the nick of time. All recordings (whether purchased in advance or purchased now) are the same. One needs not be concerned about having a product less complete than what anyone else has.

I wonder if in 5 to 10 years this all gets sorted out, and Tom Blair can produce a blu-ray titled - "The Complete Shows" and release all the shows that have had edits and cuts over the last 10 years (shows like 2008 Phantom, 2011 Madison, all the other shows that had short snippets of prerecorded audio cut out, etc) :) I'm joking, but serious in a way :)

Actually, there is a release of PR 2008 uncut, it was in the first tier of dvd releases. Not sure how many were shipped out before the cuts were made.

Never understood why a composer would deny.permission to distribute drum corps arrangements of their music. I have purchased lots of music after first being exposed to it in drum corps.

Probably because DCI corps have a rich history of absolutely destroying the composer's original intent. Go back and listen to stuff from the 70's (and to a lesser extent the 80's and 90's as well).

"Essentials Volume 4: the uncensored classics!"