Underprivileged drum corps kid out there?

Hi all,

I don't mean to be self-righteous about this...but I have been given some free DCI tickets to Finals in Indianapolis (I already have my own set)...at least Finals, possibly Semi-Finals too...

I was wondering if anyone knew of someone ... a kid and his or her parent who might not be able to otherwise go to Finals who would love to go if they were given a free ticket? Like maybe someone from the inner city or just a family who doesn't have the money and won't go unless given the opportunity.

Please reply with your PRIVATE email if you know of someone and I'll email you back privately.

Chris

Edited by chris7997
  • Like 3

I don't think that's self-righteous. I think it's generous.

Kudos to you Chris.

A phone call to the band office of Ben Davis H.S., Roncalli, Lawrence Central or North, Cathedral, even Carmel might point you in the direction of someone qualifying and vetted.

What a great thing you do!

A phone call to the band office of Ben Davis H.S., Roncalli, Lawrence Central or North, Cathedral, even Carmel might point you in the direction of someone qualifying and vetted.

First time staying in Carmel was last year. Don't know if there are many candidates from that city.

First time staying in Carmel was last year. Don't know if there are many candidates from that city.

Every district has them. I can show some of the outlying areas where some of the Greyhounds aren't quite as affluent as many featured areas of that fine suburb.

• Like 1

Kudos to you Chris.

What a great thing you do!

Those selections are ... interesting.

Those selections are ... interesting.

Although I've had siblings and their familes live in Indy over the years, I am not by any means an expert on Indy demographics. The OP wanted suggestions.

Perhaps you might make some to him as well. Maybe it might even prompt some more to step up and be so generous and thoughtful as the OP. Wish I were in the situation where I could.

How well has DCI, local media, the oil can, or the city of Indy advertised the reduced price tickets over the years that they've been offered? Maybe some DCP folks living in that area can help by contacting the various schools and organizations that might enjoy a DCI show.