Drum Major/Field Conductor Positions

It's seems an apt time to give our shout out to the 2016 age-out class of DCI World Class drum majors. For them this will be a most special season. Thanks for all your hard work.12716450_1263763750319715_847268179_n.jp

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Does anyone know of any corps that have Drum Major or Field Conductor positions available?Y

< .0000000000001% chance of finding a DM spot at this time of year with no prior experience with a corps.

You might have a tiny bit of luck getting a field conductor spot. It wouldn't hurt to go to each corps' web site, look up the right membership-related contact info and submit an email. There was a year that we brought in an extra conductor around April/May (this was 10 years ago, FYI). If there is an opening, it's likely with a large non-finalist World Class group that needs an extra set of hands.

Honestly though ... you should open your search up to other positions (front ensemble, brass, guard), not just limit it to field conductor. I don't know about your background, but you're more likely to find an open brass spot in the spring (as late as April/May) than you are a conductor spot.

One of my favorite people I marched with was a cymbal player who filled a baritone hole. She knew nothing about the instrument, but ended up learning it > maintained a positive attitude > marched several years on baritone and had a blast.

Good luck, but again: keep your options open.

yeah - I would say send an email out to organizations about possible conductor spots - DM spots long gone

corps - even top corps - have been known to add field conductor spots late as the visual starts to hit the field in May

usually we see a couple "we need a field conductor" type announcements around then...

Good luck!

yeah - I would say send an email out to organizations about possible conductor spots - DM spots long gone

corps - even top corps - have been known to add field conductor spots late as the visual starts to hit the field in May

usually we see a couple "we need a field conductor" type announcements around then...

Good luck!

bump. Still the best answer