Hi there! What are you looking forward to for 2016?

It All! From the performance of the first open class corp on Thursday to the amazing 12 finalists.

Cavaliers coming out West this year to DATR, with SCV and BD back in the lineup.

Cavies also going to Casper -- some deep DCI heritage performing at a DCI birthplace.

Wow I may have to visit my sis in Denver and take in the this show while I'm there. Great that BD and Cavies will be in the lineup. The venue for DATR, Mile High stadium, is a great OUTDOOR venue and it's such an important early regional. Even better, my sister's house is within walking distance of this stadium.

That sound of fans screaming during every show,

the smell of drum corps,

the sounds of horns and drums warming up in the lot,

the sight and sounds of the gock block keeping the guard in time as they rehearse in the lot,

the sounds of flags being tossed in the air,

the sound of a perfectly-caught-together rifle toss

that "lucas oil stadium" echo sound

DRUM CORPS.

• Like 2

Among everything else that goes along with a season, I'm looking forward to the first theater event in June. I'm assuming they are doing it again, right? I wasn't sure if I saw an announcement yet, and I know they announce it every year.

Even though they are (very) early shows, I love going to the theater and finally seeing some shows and see what the Summer has in store every year.

That and the popcorn isn't too bad either...

Seeing shows for the first time is always fun, ESPECIALLY if the following is true:

1) It's a REALLY good show.

2) You've seen absolutely nothing of it before hand.

I know getting to see stuff preseason is good, but seeing Bluecoats the first time in 2014 and 2015 in the cine-cast was absolutely enthralling when I didn't know what laid ahead. First hit of 2015 even just in the theatre had me absolutely enthralled, HUGE goosebumps. Same with the pitch bend in 2014.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to hearing Pines of Rome on the field again, what crown possibly does with Medea, and the Bluecoats continual climb towards gold.

• Like 4

I am looking forward to seeing the most aggressive BD drum line I have seen in ages! They are doing some really tough things and doing it with such power even in February!

My son said "They are playing like Men" lol

• Like 1