Hi there! What are you looking forward to for 2016?

I am anticipating the impact of Will Pitts' arranging in conjunction with the Regiment's new King brass, the continued improvement of PR's battery, an impressive uptick in the Regiment's Visual results as a result of the additions of Tony Hall, Dwight Emmert, Marie Czapinski and Will Schultze to the that team.

I am also anticipating an ongoing battle among the Cadets, Carolina Crown, the Bluecoats and ??? for the top 3 spots.

Lastly, I am anticipating the Celebration in Rockford, IL in July of the Regiment's 60th Anniversary. Oh, what a long. strange trip its been!

I would love to see a resurgence of PR. Since becoming a super fan of DCI in 2010, there has still not been a show that has affected me the way Spartacus did - on video even! And I've been to Finals four times! Go Regiment!!!

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

I would love to see a resurgence of PR. Since becoming a super fan of DCI in 2010, there has still not been a show that has affected me the way Spartacus did - on video even! And I've been to Finals four times! Go Regiment!!!

They did have the "mojo" so to speak on finals night in '08.

• Like 1

Summer of 2016 I'm really looking forward to:

* seeing Sting & Peter Gabriel at the Hollywood Bowl

* going to the MLB All-Star events in San Diego

* seeing the Yankees, Red Sox, and other MLB teams come to play (beat) The Padres

* going to San Diego Comic-Con for the 17th year in a row

* spending a long weekend at Disneyland with the family

* possibly spending a week in Washington DC

As for drum corps? I'm looking forward to whatever the copy rights holders let us watch via live streams or archives or whatever. After the last several months of that nonsense it's honestly been difficult for me to get super excited about the season. I have students in various corps I'll be following (though I guess I won't be able to see how, say, they're doing in their specific captions), and what little we know about shows so far seems interesting. Last year I discovered a whole new world goes on during the summers outside of my own summer band rehearsals I run & DCI streams I used to watch. By the time news for the live streaming service was announced it was too late for me to want to commit to it and I missed out on the season for the most part: and I honestly don't feel like I missed out on too much. At this point, I don't know if I'll be able to make the time to DCI live streaming so other than maybe catching my students in the lot after the local shows I might not see much drum corps again this season.

• Like 1

They need to take everything about the 2015 opener and do the opposite of that, show design wise. Then we'll talk.

They need to take everything about the 2015 opener and do the opposite of that, show design wise. Then we'll talk.

Just the opener? But yes, that's a good start.

Honestly... I think they will. Just a (positive) emotional hunch.

I just can't wait to see a bunch of A-game corps give BD a run for their money. Last season was so great -- suspenseful, for once.

I still think 2003 affected me more than 2008 ever did. 2003 they may have gotten 4th, but I still feel it was overall a better musical program, perhaps even visual, albeit without all the theatrics and role-playing.

Speaking of PR, their choice of music looks very intriguing....I wonder what they will come up with as an overall theme to glue it together? The suspense is absolutely killing me.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

I still think 2003 affected me more than 2008 ever did. 2003 they may have gotten 4th, but I still feel it was overall a better musical program, perhaps even visual, albeit without all the theatrics and role-playing.

Speaking of PR, their choice of music looks very intriguing....I wonder what they will come up with as an overall theme to glue it together? The suspense is absolutely killing me.

2003 Phantom was their first year really 'back' in the top echelon of DCI. If and when they have a year like that, the response will be off the charts.

PR.. Don't play Jazz, don't kill anyone and don't have any kindergarten puppets.

Stick to that advice and you'll do just fine!

• Like 1