Hi there! What are you looking forward to for 2016?

i'm not an old codger, i swear, but none of the reps look interesting to me.

Not to call you out, but I find it very hard to believe that among all the different corps styles, you couldn't find at least one rep of a corps that you liked. Did you actually take some time to listen to source music or did you take glances at the source music, not recognize many pieces, and decide they probably aren't very interesting?

edit: spelling

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

i'm not an old codger, i swear, but none of the reps look interesting to me.

So you probably didn't like the music the first time around for some of these musical selections...

I haven't read all of the corps musical selections for 2016 yet. Is there any diversity? Is anyone playing Jazz, Spanish, Scottish, British, or showtunes? How about Justin Bieber?

I haven't read all of the corps musical selections for 2016 yet. Is there any diversity? Is anyone playing Jazz, Spanish, Scottish, British, or showtunes? How about Justin Bieber?

There is a ton of diversity. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1

There is a ton of diversity. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Great. I'm happy to hear that there is a ton of diversity. Which drum corps are playing jazz, Spanish, Scottish, British & showtunes?

"What kind of music do you usually have here?"

"Oh, we got both kinds. We got country *and* western."

Exactly. "Drum Corps? We've got classical & symphonic".

Great. I'm happy to hear that there is a ton of diversity. Which drum corps are playing jazz, Spanish, Scottish, British & showtunes?

Spirit is playing some jazz/standards (Georgia on My Mind, Sweet Georgia Brown).

Boston is playing Asturias, a Spanish guitar tune.

Boston is also doing three tunes from Man of La Mancha, and Madison is doing a take on Jesus Christ Superstar.

Scottish and British? Do you count British brass band music? Troopers are playing Walking with Heroes, written for British brass band.

One thing we will not be hearing this year is Children of Sanchez from 10 different corps. I'm not sure that there is even one tune that multiple corps are playing this year. Symphonic, orchestral, concert band/wind ensemble, jazz, Broadway, film music, even pop...it will all be on the field in 2016.

• Like 1

Well looking down the 2016 list:

Movie soundtracks from a wide range of eras, styles, and film types by some of the best composers in the business.

Modern pop music.

Cirque de Solei.

Multiple Broadway (from a good few shows from different periods)

Spanish Guitar Music

Original Music

Classical Music

Brass Band Literature

Concert Band Literature

Wind Ensemble Literature

Alternative Music

Classic Rock

Alternative Rock

Modern Orchestral Minimalism

Piano Music

Electronic Music

Choral Music (modern and from older periods)

Chamber Literature

That's about 18 different categories, without getting picky.

But if you want to define diverse as the four you listed and casting a blanket as:

Exactly. "Drum Corps? We've got classical & symphonic".

That's your choice I guess.

• Like 1