2011 Crown question...

By the way, while we're on the subject of the 2011 Crown show, Rach Star's pre show ranks up there with the best of all time:

http://youtu.be/cWiq_C153og

IF you can put aside the bias that all those horrible HS MB rock shows have inflicted on every judge in existence, 2011 was a killer show executed extremely well. Clearly (IMHO) even DCI judges could quite get past that. That said .... it didn't really matter because the performers just LOVED performing this show every single night.

• Like 3

IF you can put aside the bias that all those horrible HS MB rock shows have inflicted on every judge in existence, 2011 was a killer show executed extremely well. Clearly (IMHO) even DCI judges could quite get past that. That said .... it didn't really matter because the performers just LOVED performing this show every single night.

I'm glad you said this. I remember defending that show all summer and getting ripped to shreds for it. I accumulated so many red marks that summer, haha.

I'm glad you said this. I remember defending that show all summer and getting ripped to shreds for it. I accumulated so many red marks that summer, haha.

heck i rolled my eyes when i heard what the program was that year. all the way to up to spring training preview show. and then...my jaw dropped.

Definitely a show I look back on with more pleasure each time I see it again. I think visually it was a little vanilla for me design and color scheme wise, but every thing else was top notch. Heck, I even liked the drum book. That the last year Lee Beddis was there before he went to Madison?

Edited by DrumManTx