Greatest Storytale Ending in DCI History

Was thinking about this earlier today because I had nothing better today. What is DCI's greatest storybook ending? Doesn't have to be a specific show, but it could be. A story from the activity that has grabbed people, something that will live on for years. Coupe be a person, people, a show, etc.. What do you think?

Ready, GO!

Edited by Newseditor44

Star of Indiana - first year finalists, ascend to champs in 91, move on after 93 to indoor and eventually Broadway hit with Blast!, Bill Cook's involvement throughout and continued supporting DCI until his death, and even beyond. Star and Bill - thats mine.

Edited by leed17

Here's my top 3 - off the top of my head:

1989 SCV: Phantom of the Opera - one of the best musicals ever put on the field. The vanishing Phantom at the end is pretty amazing.

2014 SCV: Scheherazade- as beautiful of a soft ending you'll ever see.

2008 Phantom Regiment: Spartacus - No one ever died so dramatically on the field - err podium.

Honorable mention:

2011 Phantom Regiment: Juliet - If "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral" doesn't get your heart pumping, nothing ever will.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Was thinking about this earlier today because I had nothing better today. What is DCI's greatest story tale ending? Doesn't have to be a specific show, but it could be. A story from the activity that has grabbed people, something that will live on for years. Coupe be a person, people, a show, etc.. What do you think?

Ready, GO!

79 Troopers.

• Like 2

I agree on the 2011 Cadets Angels and Demons show. What is stunning about this show is the visual with the 2 different colored uniforms. It made it easy on the spectator to understand what was going on down on the field. It looked fantastic! This was a show that you didn't have to do any research on prior to seeing it to understand what the heck the show was all about. Fun show for sure!

• Like 1