Greatest Storytale Ending in DCI History

Phantom Regiment 1996, going from 4th in Prelims to tied for 1st at Finals with their first ever championship. Not to mention, one of the most memorable closers of the '90s!

Santa Clara '89 for sure.

I'd like to throw in Spirit '79, too. RIP Jim Ott

:laugh: And who could forget the triumphant bull from '88 Velvet Knights? If that wasn't a fairy tale ending nothing is!

• Like 1

I'd have to say Crown winning their first title in 2013.

Nobody outside of a group of 5 corps had won a title since 1991 - that's 21 years of the same 5 corps winning a championship.

• Like 3

Was thinking about this earlier today because I had nothing better today. What is DCI's greatest storybook ending? Doesn't have to be a specific show, but it could be. A story from the activity that has grabbed people, something that will live on for years.

Blue Devils, 2015.

' Went from 4th place in the Semi's to 2nd place in Quarters, to winning the Championship on Finals night with an inspired performance for the ages, imo. In a matter of just 72 hours they overcame penalties, and won another DCI Championship going away ( over a half a point ). I'd say this certainly qualifies as an unforgettable 72 hour turnaround storybook ending, when we are discussing the ever important competition angle of a most fascinating storybook ending in all of " DCI's history". I think this 4th to 1st will also qualify as one that will " live on in DCI for years and years". Its probably a 4th at Semi's to 1st at Finals that will likely prove never to be duplicate again in DCI in our lifetimes again either, imo.

Edited by BRASSO