Greatest Storytale Ending in DCI History

Every great "storytale" ending must have a great beginning. There are no beginnings much better than Phantom Regiment's 2013 "Triumphant Journey".

Watch as the story book opens:

http://youtu.be/g3pUgs3V_58

Wish the whole show was as good as that opening minute and a half or so, really loved that. Edited by DrumManTx

1988. Madison Scouts. Malaguena.

Holy cow.

Ok. You got me on that one. Madison's "Malagueña" didn't come to mind when it comes to a storybook ending. But, really. Who cares! This is one the greatest "closers" ever! FIVE MINUTES of heart-stomping, mind-boggling Malagueña. So good that this would become a signature piece of Blast!

Touché, jsd!

I concur with these. i really like the closing of BD 1997. Casablanca to a T.

I also have a soft spot for Madison 2013. When the alumni stood up in the stands to sing Never Walk with the corps performing on the field. Awesome moment.

But also 1999 Boston Crusaders. The looks on their faces when it was announced that they'd be in finals. Amazing.

Or the Blue Knight mellophone (i'm so sad i can't remember his name) that marched with one arm.

Wait what's this story about a one-armed mellophone player???

Ok. You got me on that one. Madison's "Malagueña" didn't come to mind when it comes to a storybook ending. But, really. Who cares! This is one the greatest "closers" ever! FIVE MINUTES of heart-stomping, mind-boggling Malagueña. So good that this would become a signature piece of Blast!

Touché, jsd!

But it WAS a storybook ending. That was the year that Madison was overseas for half the Summer and BD went undefeated, but was closely followed by SCV. It was also the year that DCI decided to do a random draw for the top six Finalists and didn't release semifinals scores. Nobody knew that Madison had won semis, and everyone was even more shocked when BD ended up in third in finals. Madison literally came out of nowhere during finals week. I honestly believe that "Malagueña" was the component of their performance that pushed them over the top.

It was emotional, visceral, and in my mind, one of the best five minutes of drum corps in history.

Edited by jsd
  • Like 1

Is "storytale" a word? Or is it storybook. Or fairytale.

Who gives a ####. Being purposely dense about the title of the thread isn't contributing anything

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 4

Who gives a ####. Being purposely dense about the title of the thread isn't contributing anything

So, it's not a word? Thanks sweetie. I was geniunely wondering if I missed the boat, but your over-the-top nasty response seems to indicate I didn't. P.S. get over yourself

Spartacus - for all the reasons said on page 2 (I can't get my quote function to work right, for some reason...)

Edited by TexasPRfan