Blue Devils 2016

In one of their videos, there is a glimpse of a ton of big aqua banner flags, so it is definitely going to be way splashier than it has been!

Adding color I suspect since color is in this year. Hope they win...

Arrived in Indy today for my first trip ever to DCI Finals week. I was introduced to DCI and BD in 1982, and 34 years later ... tonight was a great kickoff to Finals week! We went to BD's practice at the Indianapolis Colts' practice facility. They were working hard, and looked awesome! Very focused. The ballad, up close, is unreal. The individual and ensemble demand is just off the charts. Percussion is really tightening up, and I think their ability to get really clean will determine how they stack up vs Bloo and Crown. The battery demand is insane!

Oh ... and some nice new GE treats for the close! :)

• Like 8

Saw BD's show for the first time last night -- wow! I love it! I am an admitted Bluecoats homer and want them to take gold for their first time ever, but if BD wins, I will give them a standing-O for a well deserved win!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Really enjoyed being at prelims. The standard of the activity continues to improve at an astonishing rate. Hard to comprehend really. BD show is incredible. The corps oozes confidence creativity and class in a way that no other corps can.

Can't wait to see the show again tonight

Good luck BD

Mic problems no more! (hopefully)

7OpK3Ji.jpg

Really enjoyed being at prelims. The standard of the activity continues to improve at an astonishing rate. Hard to comprehend really. BD show is incredible. The corps oozes confidence creativity and class in a way that no other corps can.

Can't wait to see the show again tonight

Good luck BD

Good Luck BD (and all the other corps).

I agree with every sentence in the comment above except one.

"The corps oozes confidence creativity and class in a way that no other corps can."

This opinion stated as a fact forgets is not fair to many of the top corps in this activity. BD is a great corps, and there are others. The corps oozes confidence and creativity, but are not alone. And while I especially appreciate the class that BD expresses winning or losing, I believe that there are other classy corps out there.

I'd like you, and I will endeavor to do as well, to hype our favorite corps, support them, encourage them, but not to in so doing cast other corps in anything less than high honor. All of these corps, and in particular, all of the MMs in any corps are worthy of our honor and esteem.

So, how about you modify your statement and just say " The corps oozes confidence, creativity and class." I think that is sufficient, don't you?

I would hope that all the corps would look to BD as an example of excellence. They deserve it. And I hope that each and every corps out there goes out and tries their hardest to excel on and off the field, perhaps even exceeding BD.