Blue Devils 2016

To be honest I wouldn't say one is easier to make than the other. These are the best Drum corps in the world and they all are going to strive to pick who they think are the best performers in the world.

Thanks! I'll probably go for it and see how things go. :ninja:

Thanks! I'll probably go for it and see how things go. :ninja:

biggest difference (IMO) . housing for ST is not part of your tuition. you're (theoretically) on your own. In reality there's a lot of help finding a place. but it's a pretty significant difference.

Oh wait, someone brought up a crazy theory.

Production company (Hard Corps) stole it, unbeknownst to BD. They want drama. I mean there's already stories of them trying to stir up things.

Haha! As we were watching the webcast on Saturday, my friend immediately thought the tarp had been "stolen" to add some drama to the reality show! I couldn't believe it, but it's really not too far-fetched.......

All four corps have tons of interest. It comes down to confidence and work ethic and obviously being prepared.

Thing is I'm well prepared musically, but the visual portion is what makes me nervous.

To be honest I wouldn't say one is easier to make than the other. These are the best Drum corps in the world and they all are going to strive to pick who they think are the best performers in the world.

Blue Devils have a very heavy emphasis on visual and movement capabilities. I've seen soloists from other corps, and very talented musicians who don't make the line due to deficiencies in their visual performance. Can't speak to the other three and how they audition or what their emphases are (if any). If you're serious about trying for Blue Devils, try to get out to a show and see the visual warmups they do. If you have current marching BD members in your area, they'd probably be able to give you assistance in learning the type of things that you'll need to know. Best thing to do is ask, get prepared well ahead of time, and pick the corp(s) that best fit your talent and personality...no matter who you consider.

Haha! As we were watching the webcast on Saturday, my friend immediately thought the tarp had been "stolen" to add some drama to the reality show! I couldn't believe it, but it's really not too far-fetched.......

Tarp is back, and it has a visitor with it. :shutup:

kraken.jpg

Tarp is back, and it has a visitor with it. :shutup:

kraken.jpg

That's photoshopped, right... please say it is....

Edited by Clutchtow
  • Like 1

That's photoshopped, right... please say it is....

no say

if it's real, it'll be amusing to see people light themselves on fire over screenprinting a tarp while lauding playground equipment covering half the field in one show and giant disney horse drawn carriage in another.

Edited by Lance