LGBT laws and drum corps?

Good research there. It doesn't contradict my original point (especially since that number established that the number of trans folks is several orders of magnitude higher than the number of Republican senators/congressmen), It really bothers me that some folksm, even one or two in this thread, would marginalize the .03% though...as if they didn't matter at all because they aren't part of that 99+% part of the majority (not you, Brasso).

Typical BS. The argument wasn't about Transgender but about Pedophiles pretending to be transgender. That's the problem, you have people against the LGBT community or Transgenders, then you have people that want to protect their kids from predators but they're labeled like their against Transgenders or the LGBT community just because they want to keep others safe. It figures you'd maginalize us to get your point across.

So tell me wonder boy, which Transgenders recognize themselves as a women and which ones recognize themselves as a man? Do they have to have the complete change to be who they are?

I remember times in drumcorp where we need to go so bad we used the ladies room. We didn't get all emotional about where we were going we just went...Of course we made sure the way was clear...No damage done.

If it becomes common place where people that look like men go into the ladies room I guarantee assaults will increase.

But what's one rape to you.

Edited by Phantombari1

So tell me wonder boy, which Transgenders recognize themselves as a women and which ones recognize themselves as a man? Do they have to have the complete change to be who they are?

When did you recognize that you were straight?

I think that here in the US, the Explorer Scouts are now the Venture Scouts, and both males and females are permitted.

Thanks for the update!

I'm not.

A-ha! Hoist by my own petard. My apologies for guessing wrong.

Typical BS. The argument wasn't about transgender but about pedophiles pretending to be transgender. That's the problem, you have people against the LGBT community or transgenders, then you have people that want to protect their kids from predators but they're labeled like their against transgenders or the LGBT community just because they want to keep others safe. It figures you'd marginalize us to get your point across.

So tell me wonder boy, which transgenders recognize themselves as a women and which ones recognize themselves as a man? Do they have to have the complete change to be who they are?

So if the subject is really the danger from pedophiles in restrooms, then I would think that it is pretty high now for boys in the men's restroom (and to a lesser degree, since female pedophiles are much less common, for girls in the women's restroom). How do you propose to solve that problem?

As for your second paragraph, the AMA, as noted in a previous post, believes that gender determination should not require surgery.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

A-ha! Hoist by my own petard. My apologies for guessing wrong.

My Partner and I have two kids a boy and girl. That however doesn't prevent us from seeing a situation from both sides and weighing the benefits to a few vs the dangers of many. Bottom line it's a bathroom, Just do your business and get out.

We all know there are times when both sexes have used the others bathrooms. It wasn't an emotional event for me, and I doubt it's really an emotional event for 97% of others. As it pertains to this subject.

Edited by Phantombari1

I see that the American Medical Association in 2014 called for government policies regarding sex on birth certificates to be "modernized" so that it's not longer necessary for a person to have surgery in order to get their official sex designation changed.

That is their position request, but it is not current law at the moment ( most states )

As for my use of " P " and " V", above, when I used the male anatomical part that begins with a " P", and typed the entire word out, there was an immediate ##### put on it by the software utilized here on DCP.... as the word is apparently a " no no " word to be utilized on here.... ergo, the creative use of the " P', and then the " V". Most apparently understood what the letters stood for, so it worked as designed it seems.

I would hope that the question on whether or not an adult " male " with a male appendage ( not a male infant in a women's rest room) that wants to use the women's rest room... and especially the women's locker rooms in the country... will have an opportunity to voted on Yea or Nay, by voters in the future, on such an issue that will... lets face it.. effect Women, more then Men. Despite how supportive one may or may or may not be on Gay Rights issues, is it really such a Draconian measure for North Carolina politicians to make a law that simply says that if you are an adult ( not an infant ) male with a male appendage that you are required to utilize the men's locker rooms and the men's rest rooms in the state of North Carolina ?..., and not utilize the women's rest rooms and their locker rooms as an alternative choice that you want to make ? Some of this could all be be avoided it seems to me if the .03% of the population that is transgender simply would decide to graciously and gentlemanly accommodate the 53% of the US population that are Women, by taking their male appendage into the Men's Room to use their " P " to take a " P ". Thats essentially only what the North Carolina law is requiring here . I can appreciate repudiating discrimination, repression, intolerance, bigotry, hate and all that,.. and when it occurs to stamp it out... but good grief, I don't quite understand all the hand wringing in some quarters, when the law.. to my understanding of it anyway.... is simply attempting to protect the 53% of the US population's own sense of privacy, modesty, self esteem etc that has existed in these private women's quarters throughout the Western World now for over a century.

Edited by BRASSO

That is their position request, but it is not current law at the moment ( most states )

As for my use of " P " and " V", above, when I used the male anatomical part that begins with a " P", and typed the entire word out, there was an immediate ##### put on it by the software utilized here on DCP.... as the word is apparently a " no no " word to be utilized on here.... ergo, the creative use of the " P', and then the " V". Most apparently understood what the letters stood for, so it worked as designed it seems.

I would hope that the question on whether or not an adult " male " with a male appendage ( not a male infant in a women's rest room) that wants to use the women's rest room... and especially the women's locker rooms in the country... will have an opportunity to vote Yea or Nay, on such an issue that will... lets face it.. effect Women, more then Men here. Despite how supportive one may or may may or may not be on Gay Rights issues, is it really a draconian harsh measure for North Carolina politicians to make a law that simply says that if you are an adult ( not an infant ) male with a male appendage that you are required to utilize the men's locker rooms and the men's rest rooms in the state of North Carolina ?..., and not utilize the women's rest rooms and their locker rooms as an alternative choice that you want to make ? Some of this could all be be avoided it seems to me if the .03% of the population that is transgender simply would decide to graciously and gentlemenly accommodate the 53% of the US population that are Women, by taking their male appendage into the Men's Room to use their " P " to take a " P ". Thats essentially what the North Carolina law is really only doing here. I can appreciate repudiating discrimination, repression, intolerance, bigotry, hate and all that,.. and when it occurs to stamp it out... but good grief, I don't quite understand all the hand wringing here, when the law.. to my understanding of it anyway.... is simply attempting to protect the 53% of the population own sense of privacy, modesty, civility, etc that has existed in these private women's quarters throughout the Western World now for hundreds of years.

Well said as usual!

Typical BS. The argument wasn't about Transgender but about Pedophiles pretending to be transgender. That's the problem, you have people against the LGBT community or Transgenders, then you have people that want to protect their kids from predators but they're labeled like their against Transgenders or the LGBT community just because they want to keep others safe. It figures you'd maginalize us to get your point across.

I'm going to assume you're responding to the wrong post.