Letter from Tresona

On 4/14/2016 at 2:46 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

In what capacity did you get this letter? Do you run a performing arts organization?

After you get a bunch of answers here, I suggest you pick the ideas you like and write Tresona back. See if they respond.

How much does Tresona think organizations should be paying for music? Since they specifically mention organizations with annual budgets of $500,000 or more as those that ought to have no problem paying these costs, does that mean that smaller organizations should expect to find Tresona's music too expensive?

And I think they either need to name names or shut up. Who didn't secure performance rights? Why not list all the organizations who did and didn't get rights in 2015?

What about the synchronization rights? Why could DCI afford to produce video of more than the top twelve, and DCA and BoA afford to produce at all, in past years, but not in 2015? What changed? Were DCI, DCA, and BoA not paying for those rights? Or did Tresona decide that the amounts that were due needed to be much higher?

How much money are Tresona's artists losing from the videos that aren't being produced?

How much money does Tresona get for licenses to works whose creators have been dead for 50 years or more? Do they agree that the changes in the copyright law that much this possible fly in the face of the original meaning of the Constitution?

I'm also curious to know what DCI thinks about this letter. Are they one of the companies that hired expensive lawyers to contest Tresona's claims? Does Tresona think they were wrong to stand up for their own rights?

This is who is behind Tresona https://yourvalley.net/stories/the-greenburg-files-is-there-a-file-on-you,270628

On 2/3/2022 at 3:13 PM, Concerned Parents said:

This is wild!

To clarify since it doesn't mention it in the article, Mark Greenberg is President and Chairman of Tresona. His son is Jann-Michael Greenberg, Vice President of Tresona.

Wild

• Like 1

Private investigators wrote down license plate numbers… Quote from son(?) is “we had law enforcement do it so it is protected and we can get the information”.

Private investigators ain’t law enforcement.

”protected so we can get the information” whiskey Tango Foxtrot 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

This is wild!

To clarify since it doesn't mention it in the article, Mark Greenberg is President and Chairman of Tresona. His son is Jann-Michael Greenberg, Vice President of Tresona.

Wild

so it's Pioneer

On 2/4/2022 at 10:04 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Private investigators wrote down license plate numbers… Quote from son(?) is “we had law enforcement do it so it is protected and we can get the information”.

Private investigators ain’t law enforcement.

”protected so we can get the information” whiskey Tango Foxtrot 

MG states that it was a "Law Firm," and not "Law Enforcement," who were taking plate numbers.

From the linked article:

One video obtained by Independent Newsmedia is particularly distressing, Olson said, as it appears to show Mark Greenburg on Aug. 24 taking photographs of parents and children all while keeping his face hidden under a helmet and motorcycle gear.

The incident occurred at Coronado High School, 7501 E. Virginia Ave., in the hours prior to a regular scheduled school board meeting. The parents were involved in a protest regarding the district's policies at the time after a previous meeting had been cut short following parent disruptions.

“They don’t know it’s me ... I covered up my license plate,” Mark Greenburg says in the video, in which he’s wearing a body camera on his motorcycle jacket.

Mark Greenburg also says, in the same video: “Somewhere around here we have a private investigator who’s writing down all of their plates,” before confirming on video that he hired the private investigator.

“I had a law firm do it so that it’s protected so that we can get the information,” Greenburg said.

The information and documents contained in the Google Drive are, mostly, public record — from recordings to scrolling social media threads to bankruptcy filings, the Google Drive includes hundreds of compiled documents on specific community members.

Mark Greenburg is no stranger to controversy in the district. He used to own a parody website aimed  at former SUSD board President Perleberg. He also has a 2021 lawsuit recorded in Maricopa County Superior Court with Scottsdale resident Emily Austin, where the two are suing each other for false light, among other things. Austin alleges Greenburg used fake aliases online — a tactic used on social media — and allegedly called her a “racist anti-Semite.”

33 minutes ago, GBugler said:

MG states that it was a "Law Firm," and not "Law Enforcement," who were taking plate numbers.

From the linked article:

One video obtained by Independent Newsmedia is particularly distressing, Olson said, as it appears to show Mark Greenburg on Aug. 24 taking photographs of parents and children all while keeping his face hidden under a helmet and motorcycle gear.

The incident occurred at Coronado High School, 7501 E. Virginia Ave., in the hours prior to a regular scheduled school board meeting. The parents were involved in a protest regarding the district's policies at the time after a previous meeting had been cut short following parent disruptions.

“They don’t know it’s me ... I covered up my license plate,” Mark Greenburg says in the video, in which he’s wearing a body camera on his motorcycle jacket.

Mark Greenburg also says, in the same video: “Somewhere around here we have a private investigator who’s writing down all of their plates,” before confirming on video that he hired the private investigator.

“I had a law firm do it so that it’s protected so that we can get the information,” Greenburg said.

The information and documents contained in the Google Drive are, mostly, public record — from recordings to scrolling social media threads to bankruptcy filings, the Google Drive includes hundreds of compiled documents on specific community members.

Mark Greenburg is no stranger to controversy in the district. He used to own a parody website aimed  at former SUSD board President Perleberg. He also has a 2021 lawsuit recorded in Maricopa County Superior Court with Scottsdale resident Emily Austin, where the two are suing each other for false light, among other things. Austin alleges Greenburg used fake aliases online — a tactic used on social media — and allegedly called her a “racist anti-Semite.”

Ok I misspoke… but what makes it “protected”? and “protected so that we can get the information”?

21 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I misspoke… but what makes it “protected”? and “protected so that we can get the information”?

Sounds like someone was talking out of their ###. They don't even know what they're saying. It's all 100% creepy, though.

• Like 1