Size limit for DCA class A?

65 not counting non playing drum majors and A sections

unless this has been changed recently...

Think that's been reduced to 35, Tom. Maybe 65 for open class. Not sure though. Don't think the TBIRDS had 65 last year.

Minimum of 35 no matter what class. If over 65 a corps is automatically in Open. If under 65 a corps has the option to perform as a Class A or Open Class.

Top ten scoring corps in prelims (no matter what class) are the voting 10 member corps for the next season.

In short--a Class A corps can obtain the voting member status by being within the top 10 scoring corps in pelims, and an Open Class corps can be in Open Class finals---but not be a voting member.

................and all that info and 68 cents still only gets me a senior coffee at the local McDonalds. :colgate:

• Like 2

Bill, all that coffee has stunted your growth :wow:

LP

instructing over 160 years of drum corps history this year... :cool:

It says size LIMIT - so I assumed he was discussing the 65 which is a limit... as someone said, any more and you are open class - consequently it's a limit...

The 35 minimum performers for any corps is NOT technically a "LIMIT" it is just that - a minimum number of performers to be eligible for a DCA contest...

Glad to help the semantics of the situation...

Just mark me - "Old and Retired" .

• Like 1

And IIRC 35 can be called the lower limit for Open Class as smaller corps can opt for Open if they want.....

Just glad to see Gene on here as don't get a chance to see him or the NW corner of PA crew anymore....

It says size LIMIT - so I assumed he was discussing the 65 which is a limit... as someone said, any more and you are open class - consequently it's a limit...

The 35 minimum performers for any corps is NOT technically a "LIMIT" it is just that - a minimum number of performers to be eligible for a DCA contest...

It's absolutely a limit, in the same way highways have a minimum speed. Limits have boundaries on more than one end.