Trombones 2016

I think all bassoon based instruments should be allowed, just for the names alone.

Tromboon

Trumpoon

Mellofoon

Baritoon

French Hoon

Fluglehoon

Saxaphoon

Clarinoon

Floon

Piccoloon

It would very hard for me to vote for the Trumpoon. Maybe the sound will grow on me in time. But right now, the Trumpoon sounds a bit too shrill for my taste.

• Like 1

It would very hard for me to vote for the Trumpoon. Maybe the sound will grow on me in time. But right now, the Trumpoon sounds a bit too shrill for my taste.

If it isn't loud enough with all the amplification, maybe THIS trumpet could be used:

ear.trumpet.jpg

I guess you need two for stereo:

36f660c932333099265d79642f621faa.jpg

or more for surround:

315-sound-locator.jpg

Edited by drangin

I don't know about the trombone, but I do know my funnybone is working fine today after reading some recent posts ( lol!)

I guess I'd better update my profile pic.

I'm trying to think however of what life long skill developments, college and/ or professional career advancing, etc that participation in Guard in 2015 provides a marcher than a marcher in Guard received in ( say ) 1978 ? Don't get me wrong, nothing against Guard MM's, Lord knows, the DCI judging system of today likes them better than Guard MM's in 1978. But there are no College or University degrees to be had in " Guard " ( as there is in " Music ", " Brass", "Percussion", etc ). It seems to me that the tangible and intangible benefits one got down the road from marching in Guard in 1978 are essentially no different than the potential benefits that could be derived from marching in DCI Guard today. If I am wrong on this, I would be more than willing to listen to the college degree and/ or future career producing benefits that one derives more of today from marching in Guard, than one derived in ( say ) 1978 in marching in Guard. I see little to no difference, other than the Guard MM of today pays a boatload more to participate in the Guard section of a DCI Corps, and in so doing potentially receives these acknowledged and wonderful post Guard years potential life long benefits for having done so.

Dance? I would have thought that would be rather obvious..

I am glad so far that no one is marching with them so far. That just looks wonky.

On the other hand I do notice that every single thread on here has stars to rate the thread yet every single one is one star or two stars. Why bother? Some people just want their Cheerios wizzed on I guess.

Cool keyboard instrument, imo.... even if people tell you you've lost your marbles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q

Edited by BRASSO

You all have jumped onto the bandwagon I wasn't driving. I never said anything about intonation. My statement was, from a programming perspective, there is nothing being done by corps that could not have been done using (3 valve) bugles. All you music majors come at me with color and other things that were not part of the original claim. However, why, if Bb instruments are SO superior, are corps (i.e. bands) constantly 'enhancing' the bottom end with electronics? Why does it take 16 (or more) tubas to project what 6 contras put out? Why do they need to field 80 brass when 50 could project the same volume? This isn't about intonation!

• Like 1