C2 vs everyone

Well back in 2012 we needed as many members as possible so age was no problem. Now that they are self sustaining, they want only 22 and younger since they are teachable still. Not going to start a flame war or anything, but I've been hearing a lot of complaints from my colleagues still marching in other DCA corps telling me that there are members who are older who don't listen to anyone and hard to work with. Kids are easier to work with in that regard since they are still kids who are learning, rather people who are set in their ways. Like I said. Not trying to flame anyone. Just repeating what I hear now that I'm out of the loop.

Thus, in some cases it's easier to bull$hIt a younger person and get away with it....when not so much with those more seasoned in the rigors of life. Bottom line, no matter what age or station in one's life they may be at................the ability to act like a knucklehead has no boundaries.

Edited by bill

i dont see it as a matter of BS. I see it as some people legitimately think with their age and experience they know it all. I know if i went back to march now i'd be a pain in the ###

i dont see it as a matter of BS. I see it as some people legitimately think with their age and experience they know it all. I know if i went back to march now i'd be a pain in the ###

The long and short of it; with younger members even a person who is a "green" staffer, for the most part, these younger members take what these staffers mention as the all almighty end to all, even if the staffers are flat out a$$ wrong. Whereas a more seasoned (in life and/or the activity) performer member may just question things---although it should be queried privately.. It's all about balance and respect...it travels both ways.

• Like 1

Ok, now I have gone full circle (good song). Thanks Mello Evan. It goes to my original point. If they are searching 22 and under why not just be an open class dci corps. Mind you, I don't want them to do that, but why a specific age in an all age category?

Or, (my original post) if they win at championships, let the first runner up all age corps get first in all age.

Off this subject, what uni's are they wearing. I am sure they will look great...

In answering the above poster about unis, this photo also appeared in the NY media this weekend about the parade C2 marched.

Hurcs? Storm flags over the heart? The meds have my eyes crazy this week.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Ok, now I have gone full circle (good song). Thanks Mello Evan. It goes to my original point. If they are searching 22 and under why not just be an open class dci corps. Mind you, I don't want them to do that, but why a specific age in an all age category?

Or, (my original post) if they win at championships, let the first runner up all age corps get first in all age.

Off this subject, what uni's are they wearing. I am sure they will look great...

I think the scheduling and tour destinations works better on their budget as opposed to Open Class. the other advantage to DCA is that they can attend shows on weekends and get paid for those performances. In Open Class you do not receive ANY compensation for performing in Open Class only shows. And you receive minimal compensation for performing in mixed bill shows. (World and Open Class shows)

I think the scheduling and tour destinations works better on their budget as opposed to Open Class. the other advantage to DCA is that they can attend shows on weekends and get paid for those performances. In Open Class you do not receive ANY compensation for performing in Open Class only shows. And you receive minimal compensation for performing in mixed bill shows. (World and Open Class shows)

While remaining in the Cadets' family, those who cannot commit to a full DCI tour (whether it be World Class or Open Class) due to things like summer school obligations for high school or college, less ample funding, and family obligations can still participate in drum corps and Cadets' tradition.. This program is a plus and Cadets organization and members have benefited in many ways with some awesome people.

Edited by xandandl

Nice photo there of the Saints Brigade from last years parade.they changed unis this year to new unis Red jackets .

• Like 1

Nice photo there of the Saints Brigade from last years parade.they changed unis this year to new unis Red jackets .

Ah ha. I thought they were trying to be another version of Phantom Regiment. Thanks.