C2 vs everyone

I did say "average" 16 to 25 year old rather than 26 to Mel Brooks 2000 year old man :wow: .

L DIDN'T KNOW MEL BROOKS WAS STILL MARCHING

As one of the original "founding" members of C2 at the ripe old age of 23 at the time, and NOT the oldest person in the hornline who was a 30-something year old school principal, being in the group was a privilege and it was fun to be a professional horn player that happened to want to march. And it was a pleasure to teach students who were younger than me last season.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

SO! there are people older than 25 in C2 MelloEvan? 9 pages of a moot subject? Now you tell me. :wow:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

SO! there are people older than 25 in C2 MelloEvan? 9 pages of a moot subject? Now you tell me. :wow:

Well back in 2012 we needed as many members as possible so age was no problem. Now that they are self sustaining, they want only 22 and younger since they are teachable still. Not going to start a flame war or anything, but I've been hearing a lot of complaints from my colleagues still marching in other DCA corps telling me that there are members who are older who don't listen to anyone and hard to work with. Kids are easier to work with in that regard since they are still kids who are learning, rather people who are set in their ways. Like I said. Not trying to flame anyone. Just repeating what I hear now that I'm out of the loop.