2016 DCI Hall of Fame - Rosander, Bonfiglio, Dorritie, Farrell

A wonderful class will be inducted this year into the DCI Hall of Fame!

Myron Rosander - Visual Designer, Santa Clara Vanguard

Denise Bonfiglio - Color Guard Instructor, Staff Coordinator

Frank Dorritie - Brass Instructor and Arranger, Audio Producer

Dan Farrell - Program Coordinator, Phantom Regiment

I am rather partial to Myron's inclusion: saddened that it will happen posthumously, but grateful that his name will be remembered in the activity. As Ron Hardin said: "Myron, as a man, was one of the most humble, altruistic people I knew." Many people who wrote letters in support of his nomination - which sadly could not be included due to space limitations - spoke of his sheer dedication to not only his craft but the members of the corps he worked with including: Santa Clara Vanguard, Phantom Regiment, Madison Scouts, Mandarins, Seattle Cascades, Blue Stars, and Vanguard Cadets.

So happy for the other inductees. And how cool is it that Frank - who wrote a wonderful article on DCP about Myron - will be included in that company.

And Denise - "You go, girl!"

With much love to all!

• Like 1

I posted in the other thread, but it seems more appropriate here: I assumed Myron Rosander was already in the hall of fame. And it's really too bad that he wasn't inducted last year, as his illness was already known at that time, right?

For me, when I think drill over the decades, I think:

80s - Zingali

90s - Rosander

00s - Gaines

10s - still figuring this one out

Edited by kdaddy
  • Like 2

Great news about Denise Bonfiglio, well deserved. She and her father George are probably the only father daughter hall of famers.

• Like 1

I posted in the other thread, but it seems more appropriate here: I assumed Myron Rosander was already in the hall of fame. And it's really too bad that he wasn't inducted last year, as his illness was already known at that time, right?

80s - Zingali

90s - Rosander

00s - Gaines

I would agree with those names, but I think there are two to try to fit in there....Brubaker and Sacktig. You could slide Brubaker between Zingali and Rosander and change the 00's to Gaines/Sacktig.

Z

Edited by MikeZ

80s - Zingali

90s - Rosander

00s - Gaines

Yeah - we tried four times to get Myron into the HoF. He was so humble and just so grateful for the outpouring of support each time. That's what makes it so poignant that it came too late for him to appreciate this moment.

Good call on these. I would add Bobby Hoffman for the 70s and Steve Brubaker to the 80s. Hmmm...current ones? I'm a fan of Peter Weber (SCV), Sylvester/Sacktig (Cadets), Ron Hardin (Crown), and Sly Sybilski (Blue Knights) work.

Edited by MAV
  • Like 2

Yeah - we tried four times to get Myron into the HoF. He was so humble and just so grateful for the outpouring of support each time. That's what makes it so poignant that it came too late for him to appreciate this moment.

Good call on these. I would add Bobby Hoffman for the 70s and Steve Brubaker to the 80s. Hmmm...current ones? I'm a fan of Peter Weber (SCV), Sylvester/Sacktig (Cadets), Ron Hardin (Crown), and Sly Sybilski (Blue Knights) work.

Leon May for Crown drill design, no?

Ron Hardon for technique?

Leon May for Crown drill design, no?

Ron Hardon for technique?

Where does one begin and the other end? :)

80s - Zingali

90s - Rosander

00s - Gaines

It's a controversial call, but due to the change in visual design from fast drill moves to staging, at this point in time, I would give the 2010s to Jamie Holly of BD.

My point was that, for me, when I think "90s drill," I think Myron Rosander. And that he wasn't in the hall of fame is a big surprise for me.

(and I was putting my choice of Rosander in the 90s in the context of what I think about the preceding and succeeding decades)