DCI Minnesota--Change of Plans

And now the hometown Minnesota Brass is also a System Blue family member.

and the band director at Eden Prairie there a few miles from UMN is a BD horn tech the past few seasons. Eden Prairie held a DCI show when Regional got bumped the first time; not big enough for a regional.

Dan A comments about trying something Friday night somewhere but isn't that usually the night that Blue Stars hold their contest with many of the lead corps down in LaCrosse, a few hours away? This year BS switched its shows so that their Rochester, MN across the river is that night and LaCrosse is another time. But still, any Regional shift will impact the Blue Stars particularly. O those Gophers.

Edited by xandandl

No. They can move it down the street to US Bank Stadium.

ANOTHER indoor drum corps contest? No Thanks!

• Like 3

Back to Stillwater I suppose... Minnesota doesn't deserve a major show like this. 2 years out of three, giving DCI the boot. DCI doesn't need that. There are plenty of other venues. Whitewater is another one.

• Like 1

I'd be willing to bet the new US Bank stadium will be cheaper to rent than TCF. I think it has something to do with the financing agreement of the new stadium. In the old Metrodome, it was very reasonable to rent. Several marching bands would rent it out to rehearse prior to BOA Regionals, and the Youth in Music marching band championships were in the dome. When they tore it down, that show had to move to a local high school for the past two years. Why didn't try move they show to TCF? My guess is it was too expensive.

• Like 1

I'm also not buying the U of M's story about the two events being double-booked. Jerry Kill was the coach when the DCI event would have been added to the calendar. He stepped down last fall and the new coach would have added this football camp sometime late last year or this winter.

I'm calling shenanigans on the U. But also a bit on DCI for not getting a signed contract in place. Especially since they were burned last year.

• Like 3

It's become the rule, and not the exception these days. :smile:

Yeah I know. That's why it's nice to have something outdoors where God meant for drum corps to be. 🌞⚡️🌩🌧🌝