DCI Minnesota--Change of Plans

...DCI is a bush league organization.

And I, for one, do not take offense to the lower than Major League status. The reality is that while DCI calls itself Major League for marketing reasons, it actually is, always has been, and always will be a marching ban... marching arts activity. Compare that aspect to real 'Major Leagues' like NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, PGA, or even University NCAA, and yep, DCI is a bush league activity. Again I am fine with that because this activity we call DCI will never draw in anywhere close to the fan base nor the revenue like any of the actual Major Leagues.

• Like 1

Ok, you go ahead and fork out the cash to lease that Pro NFL Stadium and I will be right there cheering you on!!

http://www.usbankstadium.com/faq/

"The MSFA will maximize the use of the stadium by attracting events that create economical, fiscal and social benefits to the State and local communities, including NCAA competitions, a Super Bowl, college bowl games, concerts, civic, community and not-for-profit events."

It's owned/operated by the MFSA, not the Vikings. They are way more open to hosting events like this than you would think.

Also:

http://www.youthinmusic.org/

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar
  • Like 2

This whole thing is utter nonsense---because of one knucklehead coach, not only does the university lose thousands and thousands of dollars-----the local economy takes a huge hit and loses revenue; restaurants, hotels/motels, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. etc---------AND the local government itself loses by not being able to collect items like room taxes, local taxes, etc. etc.

All for the ego and personal pocketbook of one coach and the university earning a whooping 600 bucks.

That's what happens when an institution of higher learning has actually no one, whatsoever, with practical business experience and is used to "playing business" with taxpayers money, they do not have any clue on the "real" world..............I like to fondly call them "imitation executives"..............as useless as tlts on a boar pig.

• Like 1

This whole thing is utter nonsense---because of one knucklehead coach, not only does the university lose thousands and thousands of dollars-----the local economy takes a huge hit and loses revenue; restaurants, hotels/motels, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. etc---------AND the local government itself loses by not being able to collect items like room taxes, local taxes, etc. etc.

All for the ego and personal pocketbook of one coach and the university earning a whooping 600 bucks.

That's what happens when an institution of higher learning has actually no one, whatsoever, with practical business experience and is used to "playing business" with taxpayers money, they do not have any clue on the "real" world..............I like to fondly call them "imitation executives"..............as useless as tlts on a boar pig.

Football program = university cash cow

Football coach = football program key component

===> "screw the marching band -- i promised my grade school age kids a camp in my stadium."

• Like 1

Football program = university cash cow

Football coach = football program key component

===> "screw the marching band -- i promised my grade school age kids a camp in my stadium."

Except the athletic program is incompetent and full of buffoons.

One year they lost thousands and thousands of dollars selling $8 cups of tap beer to the captured patrons of a football game!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry; I tend to forget that when typing sarcasm I should probably also include this emoji. :sarcasm: to help eliminate confusion.

Oops. Double post.

Edited by Fran Haring

Sorry; I tend to forget that when typing sarcasm I should probably also include this emoji. :sarcasm: to help eliminate confusion.

And sometimes I can't see the fastball thrown down the middle!!! LOL