No Live Coverage of DCA this year

I just heard DCA will not have pay per view ,no live coverage of the Championships

Not surprised... wonder how DCI theater bit will go....

DCi has announced the theater and many live offerings

This is a shame if true -

is it a copyright issue, or just financial issue?

I had thought DCI Live was setup with the premise that it was just like buying a ticket to the show if you paid for a "live" internet feed. Therefore no sync license issues to worry about, etc.

So, if thats still true, does that mean that DCA is just pulling the plug on a live feed because they can't afford to do it (paying camera guys, audio guys, equipment, etc), or is it actually a copyright dilemma that is too expensive to pay for?

I only ask all of this because if its another copyright thing, I imagine DCI Live could be the next victim - maybe not this season - but future years.

I was wondering if the technical issues combined with people wanting refunds if service was bad makes offering the service not worth the hassle. Also, the concept of staying home and losing seats in stadiums plays an adverse roll.

I know some colleges refuse to stream performances because they run the risk of college students not attending performances. They can watch from their laptop reclined in their recliners. When my daughter attended Eastman School of Music, streaming was not an option. They want people to appreciate live performances

• Like 1

well. the service wasn't very good. and if you want people to attend a show where the live audience is dwindling, this is one way to do it.

likely the costs outweigh the returns on investment.

This is the same reason that your local MLB team blacks out its games (unless its a sell out) on the MLB network.

• Like 2

And will there also not be any video for sale? Meaning basically, if you don't live a reasonable driving distance from a DCA show, it may as well not exist? That's no way to encourage growth.

• Like 3

And will there also not be any video for sale? Meaning basically, if you don't live a reasonable driving distance from a DCA show, it may as well not exist? That's no way to encourage growth.

Well, unless you can figure out a way for DCA to generate millions of dollars per year, I'm not sure what the alternative is.