Who are today's "stars"?

Didn't he run for President!😁

His book "Unsafe at Any Speed" wouldn't sit well with the Cadets and their affinity for speed-demon drill.

Not busting on you and not to denigrate what these people offered to a corps...but how does this make them a star? As defined earlier in the thread. There are lots of people who have done what you've described that would not see themselves as a "star" nor would many of their peers I suspect.

Aw man...after a 20 year career I get some props for the "daredevil" corps choices I have made.

Bummer...the peer thing is kind of harsh.

I my defense; to my knowledge "lots of people" haven't been with teams who went from out of the Top 12 to in, in 2 years or less not once, not twice, but thrice. I don't think anyone has done that, except for my team and I. Almost a fourth time with Colts (again) the last couple of seasons. I got defend my brass team's record, right?

I did march Star of Indiana, so I guess that qualifies me as a "Star", haha.

• Like 1

Is Ben that white trumpet guy with the goatee that has the flugel solo in Great Gig? Because I've seen him everywhere haha

That's the guy!

So to say they are a "star" would mean these MM's are well known throughout DCI by other MM's. Is that accurate? If someone were to go to another MM in another corps, and you mentioned any one of these MM's, they would be either recognized by name and/or by reputation right away? I'm not saying they aren't but I think putting the tag of "star" on someone means they are near the top of the "known" pyramid. Four from one corps is a lot. But hey this is just my interpretation of a "star". And.. a "star" today is certainly helped by social media as another poster pointed out. And maybe that might lead to more "stars" today than BITD.

I think BD members have an advantage with Inside BD360 and how much that features the members. But yes, a star would be defined as well known.

Inclusion on the "past" list...

Bob Barker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He is thought to be a star; Brandon with BD, the young snare. He is featured in episode 1 of Clash of the Corps. Holy sh## he is good! Any new stars emerge this year? And winking does not make you a star.

Edited by LabMaster

He is thought to be a star; Brandon with BD, the young snare. He is featured in episode 1 of Clash of the Corps. Holy sh## he is good! Any new stars emerge this year? And winking does not make you a star.

To be fair, Brandon isn't young anymore, he's just shorter than his drumline peers. His first season in DCI was spent at Academy and I think he's marched with BD for three years now.

To be fair, Brandon isn't young anymore, he's just shorter than his drumline peers. His first season in DCI was spent at Academy and I think he's marched with BD for three years now.

Still impressive when you consider he was a high school freshman when he marched Academy and started marching Blue Devils when he was a sophmore in high school