The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

LOVED IT!!!

This is fun, if only for a day! Hopefully they can ride this momentum into SA, and beyond!

13754572_10209911558170843_7508093692812

Edited by tamadrummer04
  • Like 1

Love the vid on their facebook page narrated by the drum major. Some awesome choreography happening in the background as he explains it. What an amazing year this corps is having!

Bump

For awesomeness!

All I can say after tonight is thank you.

Thank you for choosing a route the past few years that has the crowd in mind.

Thank you for telling the story this year SO well.

Thank you for your infectious energy, definitely one of the corps that I could tell was just having so much fun performing.

Thank you for playing such fun, recognizable music, and LETTING IT DEVELOP!

So yeah, just thanks. Finals or not, this show has stolen the show from a lot of top groups. Was one of the first on my feet tonight. Bravo.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

If the measurement of positive DCP & audience response to The Academy's Drum Corpse Bride is any indication. They will be putting a lot of smiles on many faces and bringing DCI fans to their feet in Indy of Thursday, Friday and perhaps, Surprise many more on Saturday, August 13th. What a well deserved "Wedding Reception" that would be! These kids and their show deserves all the love, appreciation and accolades coming their way. Enjoy the ride.....I sure am!

All I can say after tonight is thank you.

Thank you for choosing a route the past few years that has the crowd in mind.

Thank you for telling the story this year SO well.

Thank you for your infectious energy, definitely one of the corps that I could tell was just having so much fun performing.

Thank you for playing such fun, recognizable music, and LETTING IT DEVELOP!

So yeah, just thanks. Finals or not, this show has stolen the show from a lot of top groups. Was one of the first on my feet tonight. Bravo.

DrumManTX: Thank You for your Texas Size endorsement of this well deserved program. I assure you, THEY ARE "having so much fun performing" it.

Academy has the show to make finals. After watching Boston last night I can see it happening.

I hate to say but they are in 15th going into san antonio. and the way scoring goes it doesn't look good no matter how good their show is. Hopefully I will have to eat my words.

They're not 15th in scoring, only how the random "three draw of death" has put them. I think The Academy will be in a solid 11th or 12th after SA.