The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

I didn't go back and read the past few days of this thread so sorry if it's already been mentioned: Academy has a fundraiser where you can purchase your name on a headstone.

How cool is that? Tres cool!

Edit: http://www.arizonaacademy.org/get-on-the-field-for-drum-corpse-bride

Edited by CrownBariDad
  • Like 2

I didn't go back and read the past few days of this thread so sorry if it's already been mentioned: Academy has a fundraiser where you can purchase your name on a headstone.

How cool is that? Tres cool!

This is an ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT fundraising idea "To Die For!" $500.00 per "personalized en-graved lol, tombstone that will be placed on the field of competition in Indy. How friggen cool is that!, Only 20 of the 40 available for purchase. Who wouldn't want to take a piece of this show home with them!? The Academy is hitting on all cylinders on and off the field. It's not only becoming a show sensation......but a sales sensation, they have all they can do to keep their Glow in the Dark "Drum Corpse Bride" show shirt on the shelf. This is just becoming so much fun to see how this all evolves as the tour progresses.

Congrats tonight, Academy! Broke 80! Heck...broke 81!

• Like 1

Congrats tonight, Academy! Broke 80! Heck...broke 81!

And beat Xmen in GE!

• Like 1

Went back to watch Academy who I missed. Posted this in that thread but it'll get buried.

Holy cow. The show is still a blast, but they are also REALLY starting to clean up in some weaker areas from last week, notably visual and color guard equipment stuff. Total package this year.

It still hasn't gotten old. It's a show I've watched over and over again this year, and it still feels like the first time.

The emotion of those performers is what really brings it to life. You can have the best show in the world, but it isn't anything if you don't have the membership to really bring it to life and realize the music, drill, and message. And they are doing so at the highest of levels. I was up close and personal in Denton, and the look on their faces as they performed made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. They have brought to life one of the most enjoyable, fun, entertaining, and well put together shows I have seen since I started following in 2009. It's easily one of my favorites that I have seen in the full seasons I have followed since 2009. Hell, it might even be an all time favorite. I love it that much.

For that, I thank you Academy. Keep being you. WE LOVE IT!

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

I came here to throw big love to the Academy show! Creative and fun and executed! Bravo! One of my favorites of 2016!

• Like 1

When the multi-cam zoomed in on the percussive skeletons I just burst out laughing. How delightfully clever are those skeletons? This show is so jam packed full of creative motifs I can't even count them all. SO well designed.

• Like 3