The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

THE feel good story of 2016... GO ACADEMY!!!! :babies::babies::babies:

• Like 3

Can't watch The Academy's show enough. It connects in a way that so many other shows including the 3 vying for the title simply don't do.

• Like 3

I still remember when people used to say The Academy?

Who are they..

They will be saying can't wait for next years show after Saturday night!!! What a show tonight, Go Academy!

Teared up tonight. That might be because of the music, but I'm just so #### happy for this corps. This has been so special to watch all year long. Can't wait until they seal it tomorrow, I might lose it. They did what I didn't think was possible and made me love the show even more tonight. I don't know how or why, but it just went up to another level of enjoyment. The emotion on those performers faces when they finished made me so happy.

I remember watching this show back in early June with the closer still in standstill thinking it was something special, and look where we are now with only two days of the season left.

Seal it tomorrow, and perform your hearts out on Saturday, it's been a privilege to watch this corps all year long and getting to see live. This is one of the most pure, entertaining, and makes me feel so good shows I have watched grow since I have followed the activity. There is something incredibly special in Tempe.

• Like 5

Teared up tonight. That might be because of the music, but I'm just so #### happy for this corps. This has been so special to watch all year long. Can't wait until they seal it tomorrow, I might lose it. They did what I didn't think was possible and made me love the show even more tonight. I don't know how or why, but it just went up to another level of enjoyment. The emotion on those performers faces when they finished made me so happy.

I remember watching this show back in early June with the closer still in standstill thinking it was something special, and look where we are now with only two days of the season left.

Seal it tomorrow, and perform your hearts out on Saturday, it's been a privilege to watch this corps all year long and getting to see live. This is one of the most pure, entertaining, and makes me feel so good shows I have watched grow since I have followed the activity. There is something incredibly special in Tempe.

Re: The Academy's performance this evening. You'll stole the words right out of my mouth....and felt the very same feelings that touched my, our, the audience and DCI's commentators hearts!!!! I'm drenched in my own happy tears. Come Friday night you'll need a rain gauge on the field in order to measure the members response to the "Wedding Reception" they'll recieve and should the celebration continue Saturday Night, " I DO" believe you'll need pails to bale out the stadium. Go ACADEMY!

• Like 1

Star of Indiana when they were just outside the Top 12, were not doing artsy fartsy, esoteric filled shows that confused audiences. They did audience friendly, toe tapping music shows with themes that were easy to understand for both children and adults alike. They did show on Disney Characters...Mickey Mouse, etc and so forth. Audiences loved the Star of Indiana early years shows.... and Star moved into the ranks of the Top 12 with these types of shows. If Cadets, BD, Phantom, etc did this 2016 Academy show however it would be called " cheesy ", and everybody on here knows it too ( haha!). But whenever we hear somebody say a show is filled with " cheese" 90% of the time it ironically means that the show is surely a hit with national audiences ... which this 2016 Academy show is. My unsolicited advice to Corps that don't make Finals then ( 13th-25) is to come out with a show next season and the following season that is choke full of " cheese " that audiences from coast to coast love to watch and listen too, with music arrangements that are easy to play, and are on the easy listenin' dial for people.

Star of Indiana was NEVER out of the Top 12 when they were a drum and bugle corps. Not 1 year....

• Like 1

I was there last night, as well as Allentown, and have to say The Academy We're amazing and the crowd around me loved it! Such a great show-it just seems so together, crisp and perfect to me! Looking forward to seeing them tonight and can't wait for them to take the field Saturday

I saw Acadamy for the first time this year last night. I am hooked! I am going to watch this show over and over for years to come! I can't wait to see them tonight AND tomorrow! When their number is called tonight, I will give it a thunderous ovation!

• Like 2