The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

People still hate the Academy......

It'll never change. . . came and took Div 2 by surprise and then took Div 1 by surprise, now that they bumped someone else out of finals that was normally there (even though it was technically another corps that bumped them out) they're going to be the punching bag for it.

Hard to believe this is on the second page!

Along with the Bluecoats win this year, this is the biggest story of DCI in my eyes. A new kid on the block that marches really well, plays really well, and has a show that is crowd friendly as HELL and can compete! This corps jumped 4 places, that is pretty unheard of these days. But my favorite moment of the night in retreat was this corps getting a HUGE reaction, standing ovation, and huge claps from their fellow competitors on the field. That was amazing.

Michael Klesch is confirmed as back by Steve Rondinaro, and I'm going to assume the rest will be after such a home run. I cannot freaking wait to see what this corps comes up with next year! Those final moments of Unchained Melody was the most emotional moment of the night for me. I was so #### happy for this corps tonight. And I have a feeling this is only the beginning. Big freakin congratulations Academy! This might be an all time favorite for me. Congrats, hold your heads high, and remember this forever! I sure will.

• Like 5

Academy truly caught lightning in a bottle this year. Mary Poppins was a delightful hit last year. This year upped the ante with demand but kept the charming vibe and the effect amazing.