The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

Wow, Academy just keeps pushing towards a Finals spot! Awesome job! Awesome show!

Academy with that jump over Madison! Less than 1 point from Xmen too!

Hope the haters don't come out.

I can't imagine the high those members must be on this year. First because of just how well the show has been recieved, and second because the scores are backing that up.

Keep it up.

:)

I guess the staff is giving the members their daily dose of wheaties, lol.

Edited by Sandonovan
  • Like 1

I can't imagine the high those members must be on this year. First because of just how well the show has been recieved, and second because the scores are backing that up.

Keep it up.

I love this show, favorite of 2016. Now they are scoring this well and they have a long way to clean still. GE has been carrying this show I can't wait to see where they end up once clean.

I originally thought the cap was 12th. Then I was at Denton and liked their chances for 11th. While I watched in SA I was convinced they could take 11th. And after tonight I don't know how high they'll go. Wow.

• Like 2

Keep it up.

It's been so long since we've seen a new corps make finals, Seattle Cascades in 2002 if I'm not mistaken, I think people will be genuinely happy, especially since Academy has worked for it. Personally I thought it should have happened in 2011. The reaction could be similar to that of 2009 when Troopers returned to finals or 2012 when Crossmen shocked everyone. Besides the haters seem pretty busy right now with Cadets and Phantom, with BAC and Madison alternating as whipping boys.

If Academy makes finals, the haters will come out on August 14th or 15th. Demand seems to be what some see as a weakness, so that will be exploited. Suddenly the 13th place corps will have been robbed, especially if 13th is a surprise. This seemed to happen to Spirit in 2011.

• Like 1

It's been so long since we've seen a new corps make finals, Seattle Cascades in 2002 if I'm not mistaken, I think people will be genuinely happy, especially since Academy has worked for it. Personally I thought it should have happened in 2011. The reaction could be similar to that of 2009 when Troopers returned to finals or 2012 when Crossmen shocked everyone. Besides the haters seem pretty busy right now with Cadets and Phantom, with BAC and Madison alternating as whipping boys.

If Academy makes finals, the haters will come out on August 14th or 15th. Demand seems to be what some see as a weakness, so that will be exploited. Suddenly the 13th place corps will have been robbed, especially if 13th is a surprise. This seemed to happen to Spirit in 2011.

Agree with everything you said, except i wanna add in 2007 for Academy. I thought that was their best shot at finals to date. And they were close too.

• Like 1