Crossmen announce 1992 show "Songs for the Planet Earth"

What is 'Drum Corps East'?

its a typo... he meant to say " Drum Corps Yeast ". Another thread on here discusses the need for possible shots to prevent it on tour.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Mother Earth was a far better and safer place in the Spring of 1992. For one, neither Justin Bieber, nor Miley Cyrus had arrived on her doorstep to belt out their songs yet ( oh.... just kiddin'.... well,..sort of anyway. )

I'll concur. And I'm NOT kidding.

I was hoping they'd play Songs for Planet Middle Earth that year. Oh well...

Mike

Songs of the Lower Crust for the Upper Crust???

its a typo... he meant to say " Drum Corps Yeast ". Another thread on here discusses the need for possible shots to prevent it on tour.

He was only meaning to get a rise out of us.

• Like 1

Why is this thread up about 1992?

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting the point too, but my guess is that OP is cleverly poking fun at some of the old honks on here who complain about how overly complex show themes are nowadays. Many people complain that they shouldn't have to go online and do research for a modern drum corps show, but OP is showing that the same kind of complexity existed before this millennium too.

• Like 1

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting the point too, but my guess is that OP is cleverly poking fun at some of the old honks on here who complain about how overly complex show themes are nowadays. Many people complain that they shouldn't have to go online and do research for a modern drum corps show, but OP is showing that the same kind of complexity existed before this millennium too.

Shows for T he most part in the past were about the genre of music selected or a basic theme. Not sure I want to read Shakespeare to understand a drumcorps show anymore than I want to research Fellini but I'll figure it out, Edited by Tobias

And for a show that is widely viewed as entertaining at the most basic level.