TSA and Indy Airport: Possible Problems after Finals?

I agree TSA CAN be awful. But for the most part during the 25 plus trips I took last year, All went pretty well. I am about to do 3 round trips to Dallas (DFW) over the next 3 weeks. I pray it isn't as bad as my last time through on the return. Outbound to DFW from Boston was fine. The DFW TSA back up, may have been only at the American terminal. Other airlines and terminals can be OK. And even at airports with TSA, some gates may not have TSA (Boston, Jet Blue for 2 gates). Check ahead, plan ahead. I'm going to look at the MiFlight app. Travel well all.

My wife and I traveled from Newark to London (Heathrow), London to Dublin and then Dublin to Newark. The first leg was by FAR the worst. We had a TSA line in the checkin area to get through, just to get onto the TSA line upstairs by the security checkpoint. And, the TSA guy in the checkin area was by far the rudest person I have ever come across at an airport.

We had moved our flight up from 9:00 PM to an earlier flight, so we wanted to ask the guy if we were in danger of missing, or if he could expedite us knowing we had a close flight. My wife went up to him and just to ask the question, as I stood in line....he just pointed at the line and barked out "Get in line...get in line" in a totally rude tone of voice..he did not even acknowledge my wife or attempt to answer her question.I saw another woman walk up to him, and the same thing...he totally brushed her off an barked at her to get in line.

OTOH, once upstairs, the TSA guy we were talking to in the security line could NOT have been nicer.

The entire boarding process in Dublin was great, because you went through US customs at the Dublin airport, so back in Newark it was just like a domestic flight. VERY nice.

However, the best security experience I have had was Feb of 2015. We did a Newark/London (daughter lives there), Eurostar/Thales trains London to Amsterdam, and flew Amsterdam to Newark...in Amsterdam the security machines are at each GATE, so you never have more than a single flight of people to wait for...took us 5 minutes!

However, the best security experience I have had was Feb of 2015. We did a Newark/London (daughter lives there), Eurostar/Thales trains London to Amsterdam, and flew Amsterdam to Newark...in Amsterdam the security machines are at each GATE, so you never have more than a single flight of people to wait for...took us 5 minutes!

Pears and corn. I'm guessing Amsterdam has many fewer flights, by one airline, during a two hour period than any larger airport in the states.

Pears and corn. I'm guessing Amsterdam has many fewer flights, by one airline, during a two hour period than any larger airport in the states.

Oh, for sure. I doubt that sort of thing would ever be feasible at an airport like Newark or one of the other huge ones here.

Here's the stock price of the company that offers TSA pre-check services, and which orchestrated these long lines for the sake of profit.

https://www.google.com/finance?q=EPA%3ASAF&ei=DmhAV4HtL8WEeLual6AG

WTH are you talking about? TSA Pre is orchestrated by the US Federal Government, not a French jet propulsion and cockpit management system company.

A veiled shot at big business' profit motive has much more impact when facts are used. Or, you could just point the finger at the Federal TSA system where blame actually rests.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

Here's the stock price of the company that offers TSA pre-check services, and which orchestrated these long lines for the sake of profit.

https://www.google.com/finance?q=EPA%3ASAF&ei=DmhAV4HtL8WEeLual6AG

There are currently less than a half-dozen airports that use private, for-profit security firms to clear airport checkpoints. HERE is one such company that happens to run security for SFO. Currently, Indy uses the Federal TSA.

Profit is not a dirty word where flying safety is concerned.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

A veiled shot at big business' profit motive has much more impact when facts are used. Or, you could just point the finger at the Federal TSA system where blame actually rests.

C3 might be upset that he will not get the chance to be hired during a possible Bernie Sanders administration.

• Like 2

C3 might be upset that he will not get the chance to be hired during a possible Bernie Sanders administration.

Seems being hired by the current TSA would be a good primer on what a Sanders administration would present. Imagine the entire guv'ment run like the TSA!

Oh, wait... You don't have to wait. You only need to imagine it being funded with 90% tax rates.

• Like 2