TSA and Indy Airport: Possible Problems after Finals?

It will be interesting to hear the stories (whether factual or embellished) of the DCI judges zipping across the country to get to shows, of instructors going to and from corps and band camps of all sizes, of Dan Acheson magically appearing from one DCI show to another the next day (such as Nashville, Atlanta, and TOC Wake Forest), etc., etc.

"Leaping TSA lines in a single bound..." "Of course they hold the plane for me, I judge DCI." ..".The show was delayed by lightning so I had little sleep before my dawn flight to judge the Swamp Tour. All of a sudden when I saw the long lines for security, I lifted my eyes to the Almighty and the lightning and hail began again; the flight was delayed and I didn't have to give up my seat." etc., etc.

Edited by xandandl

At the Indy airport, there are TWO entrances off the center food court to get to your gate. You may use EITHER side to reach your gate. Beyond security, all gates are accessible. Head to the shorter of the two lines.

Bear in mind that Indianapolis International was the first airport designed and built after 9/11. Meaning it was designed with the newer TSA guidelines in mind and was built to comply with those as effectively as possible.

Bear in mind that Indianapolis International was the first airport designed and built after 9/11. Meaning it was designed with the newer TSA guidelines in mind and was built to comply with those as effectively as possible.

It is not the design of the airport which is in question or rendering the back ups and problems.

This article makes some interesting and pertinent points.

"Be prepared to spend a few more hours of your vacation standing in an airport security line.

The number of airline passengers this summer is expected to rise 4 percent over last year's record level. That, along with fewer Transportation Security Administration screeners, is expected to create long lines.

American Airlines and United Airlines say they each plan to spend about $4 million on contractors who will help TSA by handling some of the non-screening duties at airport checkpoints, like running bins and managing the lines.

Stories about horrific lines might be an opportunity for last-minute deals, according to Pauline Frommer, editorial director of the travel guide company Frommer's.

"If American Airlines is going to spend $4 million of its own money, obviously the airlines are nervous about not being able to sell last-minute seats," she said. "I wonder if this rash of bad publicity won't make getting a last-minute booking more affordable."

http://www.theday.com/business/20160524/fares-are-cheap-airlines-dont-want-them-to-stay-that-way

To balance things out as I am heading out to DFW today. Got to Logan Airport at 9:30 am. Went to the TSA pre-check line. I was though into the secure side in 5 minutes total. Got to Logan early just in case. Now I have HOURS to kill. Hope DFW is this easy on Friday afternoon.