What uniforms? I WANT TO SEE DRUM FINISHES!

Will changing the wraps on the battery be the next visual "surprise" mid-show?...

...now that we live in a world that can't communicate in more than two sentences or pay attention past 45 seconds such that corps have to shed one uniform midshow for another as well as different flags every 18 seconds?

Surprised the WGI has not done this first. Maybe an actual DCI innovation!

The drums have to be taken apart and put back together, so no.

I'm sure some diligent person could come up with an adaption which would work, not just re-cycling the status quo "because that's the way we've always done it!"

and yes, I do know the physics and how the thickness of the shell (and covering) and the drum head affect the timbre of the sound.

Wasn't it West Carolina U.'s battery that was changing colors via LED lights? Dave Starnes, a director there, is now on Crown's design staff...

https://yea.org/bio-pop/20-static/usbands/228-david-starnes-bio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IJrNjssKeM

Edited by xandandl

for the fb impaired...

KQtES36.jpg

Interesting - chrome on top with black tubes and bottom rims. Cool look. It really accentuates the sparkle fade.

Not the new BD Entertainment drums. I spent a lot of time at NAMM in January messing with those drums, and you could definitely change the wrap relatively quickly.

Quick enough to do in a show? Maybe if the drum line is parked somewhere during the ballad or something. Corps with the BDE drums could theoretically change them during a show (and people running the booth flat-out mentioned that as a selling point)

Will changing the wraps on the battery be the next visual "surprise" mid-show?...

...now that we live in a world that can't communicate in more than two sentences or pay attention past 45 seconds such that corps have to shed one uniform midshow for another as well as different flags every 18 seconds?

Surprised the WGI has not done this first. Maybe an actual DCI innovation!

I think WGI moves too quickly for that, but you never know: that might be cheaper than dealing with the LED lights changing

Not the new BD Entertainment drums. I spent a lot of time at NAMM in January messing with those drums, and you could definitely change the wrap relatively quickly.

Quick enough to do in a show? Maybe if the drum line is parked somewhere during the ballad or something. Corps with the BDE drums could theoretically change them during a show (and people running the booth flat-out mentioned that as a selling point)

Sorry to be anal retentive... They are not marketed by BD Entertainment, rather System Blue.