What uniforms? I WANT TO SEE DRUM FINISHES!

Are we missing anyone? I see a trend of more simple designs this year, minus a few, of course. Is it me, or does it seem that a lot of the corps are choosing a lacquer finish from the manufacturer, rather than using On2 slips?

Update to old school Yellow Satin - nice!

Well sort of but without the finish that scratches super easy. I had a satin flame Sonor kit and I eventually refinished it with Bubinga.

I got to mess with these drums at TMEA. The guys at system blue gave a bunch of us percussion directors a big product roll out demonstration. I really dig these drums. There are two versions if I remember correctly. They have the version that BD will use and the standard one that looks like every other standard drum on the market. The tenors were awesome what they did to the rims might mean the end of most rim clicks on sweep patterns.

Yea I was talking to a couple of the tenor guys. One guy put his sunglasses on the 10" and I joked how they seemed to drop a bit from the weight of the glasses. Really deep shells but don't sound like it. The basses impress me the most. such beautiful tone!

Real quick glimpse of Bluecoats drums at the very end of their TrueBloo video from today...

Edit: Thank you to corpsband for posting the screen grab below. Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post the FB video. :huh2:

Edited by DanjrusMcRynky

Real quick glimpse of Bluecoats drums at the very end of their TrueBloo video from today...

Edit: Thank you to corpsband for posting the screen grab below. Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post the FB video. :huh2:

no worries. looks like a bright copper finish.

never tried to embed a FB video in the media tag. i suspect it works if you have the right extensions. but FB is moving target and it's probably not gonna work for long.