Oddest/Weirdest Uniforms

1985 Feelancers..they changed the uniform and went inactive in 86. Fast-forward to 94... they changed the uniform and folded in 95. Coincidence?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What was the year... sometime in the 1980s, I'm pretty sure... that the Crossmen wore those Spanish-style uniforms?

Probably seemed like a good idea on paper. Not so much on the field. LOL.

That was 85. We had people that left after 84 to March Crossmen. Fran what was the corps in the "80s" that had hardhats for their headgear? I'm thinking Ohio?

• 2 weeks later...

The St. Patrick's Imperials and Thunderbolts each started out in May of '73 as separate corps, but decided to merge for mid-June.

The resulting corps was too big to be outfitted in a common look, so they used the green Imperials' uniforms and purple Thunderbolts uniforms. They fielded the single largest color guard of anybody that year. Came off the line to Fanfare for the New, and even played the Looney Tunes theme. I first saw them early July. They had a fantastic percussion line, taking 7th out of the 48 corps at DCI prelims.

Is there a video of this??