The End Is Nigh

nekulturny cappy. go listen

Hmm not really my cup of tea, but I can see why it would appeal to someone who wasn't brought up with the current generation's music

Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, Blood Sweat and Tears, Tower of Power and more 'cause they all had brass!...now I have to listen to JB to keep up with the young...It'll take a while catching up...

an after thought aka edit I like hip-hop dance :smile:

Edited by lindap

Just because you have the quality to make crap sound acceptable doesn't mean you should select crap in the first place.

Mahler, Bruckner, Strauss, Sibelius, Delius, Vaughan Williams, Bax, Janacek, Hindemith, etc., etc. ... but no. They go with the guy posting on Facebook a selfie while grabbing his junk in his underwear.

Ummm... careful hoss, music quality vs crap is all just 'opinion'. Here are a few quotes:

"You know what Debussy is!? Calf's Foot Jelly! It is spineless Music!" - Prokofiev

Opening a piano and sitting on the keys, "There! That is what Wagner's music sounds like!" - Rossini

"I have not heard any Stockhausen, but I believe I have trodden in some." - Sir Thomas Beecham

Concerning one of his own works, "if that is modern music I want no part of it" - Vaughn Williams

"I do not know how, with no vibrato, Bach could have so many sons." - Hindemith

Thing is, that Chicago song isn't my generation - it's my parents' (I was 2 when the album came out).

Hmm okay but here's some perspective: based on the info you've given me, you're just 4-5 years younger than my parents. There's nearly a 30 year age gap between us so while that song may not have been your generation, it certainly wasn't too far off. For me, it is light years different in style from the music that I grew up with and enjoy.

Take note: never once did I refer to the Chicago song as crap. Music is inherently subjective and there's no need to insult an artist's work just because it is not within your generation/comfort zone.

No, I get you. I'm just an old fart. But I have no problem listing to my parents' music, my grandparents' music, my great-grandparents' music ... etc.

But Beecham was right about Stockhausen! ;)