Preseason Excitement Poll - 2016 Edition

2016 Show Anticipation Poll  

163 members have voted

1. 1. What shows are you highly anticipating in the 2016 Drum Corps season?

• The Academy - The Drum Corpse Bride
    • Blue Devils - As Dreams are Made On
    • Blue Knights - The Great Event
    • Blue Stars - La Reve
    • Bluecoats - ?
    • Boston Crusaders - Quixotic
    • The Cadets - Awakening
    • Carolina Crown - Relentless
    • The Cavaliers - Propaganda
    • Colts - Nachtmusik
    • Crossmen - Continuum
    • Jersey Surf - Ebb and Flow
    • Madison Scouts - Judas
    • Mandarins - Forbidden Forrest
    • Oregon Crusaders - Hunted
    • Pacific Crest - The Union
    • Phantom Regiment - Voice of Promise
    • Pioneer - St. Joan of Arc
    • Santa Clara Vanguard - Force of Nature
    • Spirit of Atlanta - Georgia
    • Seattle Cascades - O
    • Troopers - hero.
    • Other

I'll amend my statement: the poll (and the prediction thread) are meaningless in terms of their value as it relates to the finals results in 2016. That's what I meant (but didn't state clearly enough).

I know. Just a conversation topic to keep us sane until day one which will derail this whole thing. Lol.

:)

I should do a follow up topic and see who delivered......

• Like 1

I know. Just a conversation topic to keep us sane until day one which will derail this whole thing. Lol.

:)

I should do a follow up topic and see who delivered......

Well...

I can tell you with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY who is going to deliver based on the posts that I have read from second hand sources about unfinished material and pre-season warm-up arcs....

And let me tell you about everything that I KNOW will happen right here__________________________. :silly:

• Like 2

I think the poll is about as meaningful as the prediction thread (ie not at all) I'll stand by my record on DCP in terms of contrary opinions. Pretty darn tolerant I think.

Yeah you sort of did. You said none of the poll results reflected the show announcements EXCEPT BK. That's picking and choosing Cappy. Sorry bruh.

IOW you feel like your opinions about corps are more valid then "everyone" / "the crowd" because those "better shows" don't get the love they deserve? Maybe you and (she who must not be named) should get together and talk things over.

Cappy you crack me up.

Anyway it's all good. Go BD !! Go PR !!

Actually my thing about BK was based on all the hype in the BK thread specifically talking about their show theme. Notice no one in the Crown thread is having any meaningful discussions on their theme, they're just talking about how amazing the hornline is. People dont even know Bluecoats' theme for god sakes and they're raving about them. Put all the words in my mouth that you wish, "bruh," but I have more reasoning to my statements than "Cappy knows all." I'll leave it at that so DrumMan doesn't feel like I'm intruding on his post Edited by Cappybara

A lot of my hype about the Bluecoats is because their music is pretty awesome and I LOVE Pat Metheny and the Pink Floyd song. If they were playing crap I wouldn't give them the time of day. That's just BD. I could say the same for Crown. Love the show theme and El Tango de Roxanne.

No meaningful discussion in your eyes maybe.......eek.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Actually my thing about BK was based on all the hype in the BK thread specifically talking about their show theme. Notice no one in the Crown thread is having any meaningful discussions on their theme, they're just talking about how amazing the hornline is. People dont even know Bluecoats' theme for god sakes and they're raving about them. Put all the words in my mouth that you wish, "bruh," but I have more reasoning to my statements than "Cappy knows all." I'll leave it at that so DrumMan doesn't feel like I'm intruding on his post

Well, I wouldn't say my reports are "raves." I would just say they are my impressions of how things are shaping up. But you are right, there is no announced theme yet. Personally, I am OK with that. I am enjoying what I am seeing prima facie, but am not deluded into thinking everything is June 23 ready. They are working on it, and being deliberate about it, but there is enough there for me to be more than cautiously optimistic.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

Looking forward to the following:

BD - How good can they be with a more mature and vet driven corps? Scary..

Crown - Hornline continues to push the activity in refinement, how cohesive is the show, can drums move high enough to provide another championship?

Bluecoats - Going for broke with their supposed costuming and impending theme, got a feeling its either 1-2 or 5th for them. Not a lot of middle there for trying to break ground with their new brand of drum corps.

SCV - Can they break the 5th curse and move up, its a make or break season for them,especially with clear upgrades in brass. A new look, a new sound, it should be quite interesting..

BK - Pushing the envelope again, can they make as much progress this year as the last two seasons?

Troopers - I just like their vibe and will not be surprised if they push a top 10 this season. The staff and design is finally in place, might be something special. Just a hunch..

Spirit - Hoping the influx of alumni and togetherness of the generations will yield a new beginning for them. Maybe more competitive, but hopefully new direction and longevity for this corps. 40 years and still going, hope they can turn it around.

Cadets - almost won drums, won brass, still 4th place. What else do they need to do? Different visual design could be the trick, or it could mean 5th. Not much room for mistakes with the level of the top 6 at present.

Cavaliers - McGrath brings unique designs to the activity, I have a feeling Cavies will thrive under his style. Sounds like a resurgence, although will still be rebuilding with what is likely a younger corps given last few years of placements. Could be 5th, could be 8th, not any wiggle room in that range.

This should be a great season and perhaps the best collection of corps in many, many years. Good luck to all. No room left these days in the top 12 for all the corps good enough to be in there. Top 20 is almost finals worthy now, what a time to be a fan!

Edited by trumpetcam

Well, I wouldn't say my reports are "raves." I would just say they are my impressions of how things are shaping up. But you are right, there is no announced theme yet. Personally, I am OK with that. I am enjoying what I am seeing prima facie, but am not deluded into thinking everything is June 23 ready. They are working on it, and being deliberate about it, but there is enough there for me to be more than cautiously optimistic.

Wasn't trying to single anyone out, just talking generally :)

• Like 1

BK - Looking forward to seeing the conclusion of the "trilogy," and the music selection is dynamite.

Madison - A rework of my favorite show of all time from 99.

Colts - Definitely anticipating the improvements the new brass staff has made.

I hope you are not disappointed Shempy and I don't think you will be. "Judas" is not a rework at all!!!