Will Wildwood Be An Exhibition Only?

No, I was not. It was something I would have liked to go to very much and get out my Euphonium for, but there would have been serious personal issues I won't delve into publicly.

I am playing next Sunday at a church in New Cumberland, though, and when the NC town band needs a Euphonium for an emergency, I've been in now and again.

As for the alumni band event at WCU in the fall, I would love to do it, but I'm usually working that Saturday, and I won't take my Euphonium on the field- though now I could take my Kanstul and transpose. :satisfied:

What John said.... it was a good night all around. The evaluation show format worked very well!!!

Just got home from Wildwood, NJ and the entire weekend was a winner.

The weather was unbeliveable, warm day at the beach and cool night at the show. We attended the Cabelleros afternoon rehearsal and really enjoyed it, it helped us to appreciate their show at night. Since I am not schooled in either music or choreography, I can not say who was good or not. I can and will say that The Cabs really nailed it with their performance and I thought that they were a crowd pleaser. The best show of the night, my opinion only, was the Caballeros Alumni and I'm not sure, but I don't think they use any amplifiers.

I hope the very large crowd ahd as much fun as we did...can't wait for Clifton.

• Like 2

The best show of the night, my opinion only, was the Caballeros Alumni and I'm not sure, but I don't think they use any amplifiers.

With over 70 G bugles out there, no amplifiers are needed!!

• Like 1

maybe people decided to do other things first

Should I keep waiting for them to come back from these other things? At what point last year did we have a report on how all of the groups did?

Should I keep waiting for them to come back from these other things? At what point last year did we have a report on how all of the groups did?

At the point where the corps began receiving scores.

To be fair, very few people bother with show reviews in the DCA forums anymore, because it's not worth the attacks you get if you're not all sunshine and lollipops about certain corps. It's a bummer, to be sure.

• Like 3

I think it's an unintentional loaded question. In the case of the Midwestern corps, there will be no reports on anything until prelims except for the parking lot brat and beer soirees in the Horlick field parking lot. :tounge2:

To be fair, very few people bother with show reviews in the DCA forums anymore, because it's not worth the attacks you get if you're not all sunshine and lollipops about certain corps. It's a bummer, to be sure.

John, your post is making me think. Some folks here would say that's not a good thing, but I say it is. :satisfied: I need to head to work, where I'll think more about the issue and my personal take on it to keep from crying from boredom. I'll get back later. :satisfied: