Heads up - DCI Cine

Here's a ink to the page on the Fathom Events website with the list of participating theaters:

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/2016-dci-tour-premiere/more-info/theater-locations#close

wow. now I'm completely confused. the list you gave is Regal; mine is AMC. called Regal and they do, indeed, have DCI 2016 scheduled. but I called DCI earlier in the day, and they said yes, they had changed theater franchises. maybe they ADDED a franchise, cuz Regal wouldn't have had DCI, Thu, 6/23 on their system if they weren't showing it.

-------------

edit

ps - Aha, AMC is PART of Regal. but the two theater lists given above are different. locally, Victor and Rochester are on one, Webster is on the other

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regal_Entertainment_Group

Edited by dbriggs

wow. now I'm completely confused. the list you gave is Regal; mine is AMC. called Regal and they do, indeed, have DCI 2016 scheduled. but I called DCI earlier in the day, and they said yes, they had changed theater franchises. maybe they ADDED a franchise, cuz Regal wouldn't have had DCI, Thu, 6/23 on their system if they weren't showing it.

-------------

edit

ps - Aha, AMC is PART of Regal. but the two theater lists given above are different. locally, Victor and Rochester are on one, Webster is on the other

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regal_Entertainment_Group

Based on all this, I am gonna check that Fathom site a few times before the event, for sure. LOL

Edited by Fran Haring

its showing in manhatten at 5moive houses with in a 5 min walk from each other

its showing in manhatten at 5moive houses with in a 5 min walk from each other

I have to drive 20 minutes to get to my theater. LOL.

Again, no showing in Fairfield County, CT despite all the drum corps alumni there.

But also consider 1 theater in Suffolk County, and 1 which splits the border between Suffolk and Nassau County on L.I. and over 3-4 million people living there. At one time L.I. had no less than 5 simultaneous drum corps circuits!!!

• Like 1

Again, no showing in Fairfield County, CT despite all the drum corps alumni there.

But also consider 1 theater in Suffolk County, and 1 which splits the border between Suffolk and Nassau County on L.I. and over 3-4 million people living there. At one time L.I. had no less than 5 simultaneous drum corps circuits!!!

Interesting that there are several theaters here in the Baltimore area showing the DCI event even though Baltimore is not exactly a drum corps hotbed. LOL

There are a lot of competing bands in Frederick, Washington, Garrett, and Cecil Counties off the top of my head, Fran, more elsewhere, I just don't remember the names of the counties. About the only places that there aren't any real competition bands in MD are Baltimore County and City.

• Like 1

Xandandi the last time I viewed DCI in the Islands 16 you could count the people there .Seldon has rehersal on Thursday nights so none of them go.Not sure if Blue Jays go.or Golden Eagles .But only about 30 people in the place ,Westbury used to show it but I guess they dropped it .Same for College Point .

Down here its in three moive houses in Jacksonville ,was going to go 4 yrs ago called the moive had tons of tickets left .got out there some band director bought them all up sold out ,same with the others here.May be since Sunrisers have a few in Blue Coats this year they be going to either Holtsful or Farmingdale to cheer there members on.

Edited by Florida Sun